Ford Fusion/Lincoln Zephyr Quarter Glass

hoosierwindowtek

I hate not tinting the whole glass on vehicles like this one and the Accord, so I take out the glass whenever necessary. However, it took 4 of them to figure out how the glass comes out. For those who remove glass, here's how to do it:

Like most vehicles, there's a top screw on the divider between the quarter and rolldown:

topscrew.jpg

Then, after rolling down the window and removing the door panel, remove the screw behind this plug:

fusionplug.jpg

Next, remove the screw on the inside of the door closest to the front of the car. This holds the outside trim in place.

trimscrew.jpg

Next, CAREFULLY pry the outside trim up from the front edge first and remove it. This allows you to pull the quarter glass out with the rubber gasket.

outsidetrim.jpg

Now, you can remove the glass from the gasket and tint it, then replace and reverse the removal process!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's true that you can slip the film up into the molding, but the problem is cleaning it properly and squeegeeing it properly. taking out the glass is a guaranteed high quality finish.

I think it's something you can offer as an option and charge more for.

HONDA/ACURA yes can charge more, those cars above and Mec/Milan good luck getting a dollar extra, may as well be a Fairmont :dunno

Archived