question on shrinking

Guest ctru34

Guest ctru34

first of all, when you put the tint on the outside of the glass and heat it with a heat gun, is that called dry shrinking or heat shrinking or is it the same thing? and when there is like 3 or 4 fingers there, is it better to have like 3 or 4 little fingers or move them around so there is only 1 or 2 bigger fingers? also, I thought I read that your supposed to move all the fingers to the bottom, is that right? thanks again

Guest Litespeeds

All films are heat shrunk from the outside. It depends if you use water or dryer sheets to hold the film down. For beginners, it will probably be easier to wet shrink but once you master that technique, you will definitely think dry shrinking is the way to go. It is better to spread the fingers out so that you have smaller ones to shrink. Good luck.

Guest tintsem

yep what he said, and no don't move all the fingers to the bottom, even the out between the top and bottom. I do it by laying the film on the glass and running my hardcard across the center to stretch the film from side to side.

Guest ctru34
yeah, all that and more.

be sure to have the grain running in the right direction

:shoot1

what do you mean by the grain in the right direction? could someone explain what the grain is please? thanks

Archived