25 posts or more

So for a little while it's been that you need at least 25 posts to get into the foobar.

I did this for a couple of reasons. One criticism I hear a lot about the site is the humor related aspect, but I believe the humor is an extremely important part of the forum and community.

To ease some of the criticism and yet keep the humor and camaraderie aspect, I thought making the foobar at least registered members only was a good idea and did so a while ago.

But, and it's a big but, just like the PM system, we don't need for just anyone to be able to just sign up and use it. Same with the foobar, if a member isn't a poster, I don't see a reason to waste bandwidth on them, not to mention that some of the humor might not be that suitable, or even understandable because of the inside nature of some of it.

The added benefit to the members who actually do use the foobar, is that they can now be a little more free in regards to what they post as it's not really public, and even less so now that only those with 25 or more posts can read it.

I hope the logic makes sense.

Archived