question for one tinter shops...how many appts?

I do about 2 a day, full cars, and some glass, and answer phones, and work on friends cars, and sometimes, just sometimes, I slip in a little WoW.

Same here about 2-3 full 7 window cars in six hours :krazy

I fthe phone is really busy I do maybe 1 car a day :lol2

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest timthetintman

I book up to 3 a day so I have time for walkins or little bs jobs that come along out of the blue. I schedule up to 2 weeks in advance on auto's and charge a nonrefundable $50 scheduling fee (that comes out of total price) to book em depending on custys attitude if u will. of course im also a bit slow I guess, can usually do a max of 5 good solid auto's a 10hr day :krazy

Guest Key West
Just curious about this. For you guys or gals who run a shop solo, how many private tint jobs (lets say complete cars) do you book in per day?

I usually only book 2 private completes each day. That way I have lots of time to fit in the "can you tint my car today?" jobs or the dealers "I need a car tinted asap" jobs (which it seems I get more than my fair share of)

Just curious how you guys and gals run things? and how far in advance will you book? I like to keep at least a week ahead booked...ive found that any more than two weeks in advance and I seem to get quite a few no shows. how bout you?

:krazy:lol2

I book the same 2 cars. Screw the dealerships, don't want them. I do business thru the salesmen (who get a "finders fee") I also do not give timed appointments. A customer gets a monday appt, drops the car off at 8:30, and picks it up when I call them to do so. I then know who my no-shows are. No- shows are required to pay in advance for another appt. This works in 90% of the cases. The rest of them, I don't want as custys' anyway!!! Screw gettin' greedy. I charge a premium price, my custys are picky ( and for what I get, they are entitled.) We as tinters need to take back control of this industry. quit doing 99 dollar jobs!!! Lets get paid for what our work is worth!! Some how or another, we lost control of this.... and it's time to get it back!!! I, personally will be the one askin' if you want fries with that before I tint for less. You can get a paint job for $200. and you'll get a $200 job! They want perfect?(or at least as close to perfect as humanly possible) then they PAY!!!! :lol2:lol2:lol2

Guest timthetintman
They want perfect?(or at least as close to perfect as humanly possible) then they PAY!!!! :lol:hmmm:mad

here here, I second that motion

:lol:beer

I do 19 cars a day and they are perfect.

:beer

I love the ones who come in and ask in the middle of July when it's 120degrees out "Can you tint my car today?" And then look at you like they already think they have a 95% chance that it is going to happen while they are waiting for your answer, and then are suprised when you tell them it will be a week or two.

Seriously, if you can answer yes to that question in peak season, then something is wrong. :lol

Guest FilmBlazer
I do about 2 a day, full cars, and some glass, and answer phones, and work on friends cars, and sometimes, just sometimes, I slip in a little WoW.

:lol

I have an "approximate time" chart that the jobs are (supposed to be) scheduled off. If it is 4 door cars with all but strip then I would be scheduled for 2 and then a couple doors on another or something for an 8 hour schedule. It seldom gets scheduled right in the busy season and I end up doing 3 or 4 full cars and humping it, but that is fine......

I personally DO NOT want the "can you tint my car today" customer as they are usually the ones that will be stupid about the smallest little crap. Now if I have the room then they can get an appointment that day, but at the same time if for some reason I don't have a full day then I can be out fishing in my pond or riding the 4 wheeler on my 45 acres!

If I am not tinting then I don't have costs coming out....rather play than deal with "I want it NOW"

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Seriously, if you can answer yes to that question in peak season, then something is wrong. :spit

ya if a cust gets a yes to that question, you don't want that tinter to touch your shiat IMO

Guest CajunTinter
ya if a cust gets a yes to that question, you don't want that tinter to touch your shiat IMO

When you gonna show up to tint the shrimpin boat???? :rollin

:dunno:rollin

Archived