best advertisments?

Guest Bulldog
hey where do you guys/gals find your most productive advertising to be?? Word of mouth has been my gold crutch for the last 7 years...but now I've started my own business and I know it's going to take time to build back up my clietel. So wheres the best, most effective place to start?

Thanks

Ryan

Depending on your radio market, I have seen HUGE results from well placed radio ads. When I was a rep, I saw this one shop blow up everytime the spot ran on the local hiphoop station. It would jam all 4 incoming lines. (in Va. Beach)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West
Be respectful and don?t poop in his back yard. Open up a few miles away. Never talk bad about anyone just sell your self. Always treat competition the way you WISH they would treat you. Just advice from someone been doing this awhile. :mad:beer

Agreed sell yourself! Never bad mouth your Comp. BAD form :thumb:thumb

Hey, I for one am a nice guy. I ran the business for the first owner for 4 years, and just when it was going to be sold to me, it was sold out from under me to this other guy. I got over it, and ran the business for the new owner for the next 3 years. Meanwhile...the customers were constantly having problems with the owner. They didn't like the way he did business, and so they would always make sure they talked to me. My # got spread because of tinting some friends cars...they spread the word...they spread the word...got the point. Next thing you know, my # is bringing in money constantly for him. I still didn't do anything about it. I kept doing my job, minding my own business. Then I get injured on the job, I work through a rotator cuff injury for 2 months...until the pain is unbearable. I leave for workers comp...he doesn't do ONE thing to help me on the process, and lays me off when I tried to return beceause he found someone who'd work for nothing practically. So I ran his business for him for 7 years pretty much because of the following...he never tinted a single car his whole life...and then he kicks me while I'm down.

Whats more though, besides explaining the truth like I just did, I won't say anything bad about him, I never did...and never will...just told facts. I know my business will grow again, I was just looking for advice on advertising. Bet no one wanted a lame long life story!

Ryan

Hey, I for one am a nice guy. I ran the business for the first owner for 4 years, and just when it was going to be sold to me, it was sold out from under me to this other guy. I got over it, and ran the business for the new owner for the next 3 years. Meanwhile...the customers were constantly having problems with the owner. They didn't like the way he did business, and so they would always make sure they talked to me. My # got spread because of tinting some friends cars...they spread the word...they spread the word...got the point. Next thing you know, my # is bringing in money constantly for him. I still didn't do anything about it. I kept doing my job, minding my own business. Then I get injured on the job, I work through a rotator cuff injury for 2 months...until the pain is unbearable. I leave for workers comp...he doesn't do ONE thing to help me on the process, and lays me off when I tried to return beceause he found someone who'd work for nothing practically. So I ran his business for him for 7 years pretty much because of the following...he never tinted a single car his whole life...and then he kicks me while I'm down.

Whats more though, besides explaining the truth like I just did, I won't say anything bad about him, I never did...and never will...just told facts. I know my business will grow again, I was just looking for advice on advertising. Bet no one wanted a lame long life story!

Ryan

Glad you posted the story. Welcome to the forum dude and good luck with all you do :krazy

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

we've been doing a couple radio spots a day but no increase in sales from that :hmmm I notice a few people that call say "I just say you in the phonebook and called." So I think thats working best in this area, also we just started advertising in a local paper for the college made by students for students so hopefully this will get the college kids wanting film on their glass and possibly attract a few hottys to the shop :krazy I'll let you know how it works out :krazy

we use craigslist, myspace, and various auto forums that are either for our area or have a regional area for southern california or san diego. all that stuff is free, you just have to pay for you internet connection and your time. everything else comes from fliers, word of mouth, other shops we have deals with.

Guest Key West

Ryan

Probably would have better if we knew all the facts from word go. If I offended before getting all the facts I sincerely apologize. We DO get some real "brown donuts" on here. I feel yer pain dude!! I once worked for some VERY unappreciative fuks myself!!. The only thing I can offer is SELL YOURSELF!! Promote yourself, and do a quality lob for a fair price! If you do that, you'll go far!!! Again, I sincerely apologise for any offense taken!! Hope we're good :krazy:krazy

Archived