scraping heated glass

Haven't had to do much of this (thank goodness) but I had one today and when the customer picked it up she wasn't happy with the way the lines changed colors from scraped to unscraped. My question is do scrape every line of defroster? I figure I'll get to redo this car anyway cause these folks were "artist" :lol and expected perfection on a 94 Camry with 9 year old tint and 170,000 miles. :ahole

Guest expertint

its almost impossible to scrape all the defroster lines off.You should've warned them first. We never promise the lines will look good and never promise the defroster will work after you're done.

My question is do scrape every line of defroster
yes it makes it look one helluva lot better. it doesnt take alot of effort to scrape the metal off a line, a couple sharp razor blades and you will be glad you did.

Guest tintslut

scrape away with a 6 inch triumph scraper and a fresh stainless blade.

I luv using this scraper on roll down windows to get dat nasty gloooo

off the glass : :lol6

Guest smokymtntint

Scrap all and steel wool clean, Never heard a complaint. And I love the way the film lies,,I wish I could scrape em all!!!!!

Guest Tint Wiz

I removed tint from back window on a rover 75 zr and it pulled all the copper coating off , and the heater lines would not work , so boss at the time had to pay for a new one , he was not pleased :shoot1

Archived