03 2 dr. stratus coupe back window

Guest 20la20

Guest 20la20

sorry im not a tinter but I just have a question. I have this car and had it tinted a while ago. the tinter told me that tint would not stick to the dots at the top of the back window. is there any way to tint that or is it just impossible?

There are options ,however now that it's tinted already, the only option left is to remove the tint where the dot matrix is and replace that portion with vinyl and will look much better then the bubbly inconsistent look it presently has :beer .

Guest wilcax

ive only done one but like lil details said prepped right and shrunk down good it looks good! nice and black. but it all depends on the film and the installer... :thumb

I just did one of these this morning, they are a PITA, but if shrunk properly, they will lay fine on the dots.

I used to tell people they wouldn't stick and cut them off cause it made the shrink alot easier, but these days cutting them is just NOT an option, I hate that s**t!!! :shock

no that portion is not tinted. he said it wouldnt stick so he didnt do it. so can it be done or was he right?

He's wrong. If a person can't tint over the dots and make it look just as good as the rest of the install, then they need to find another profession and stop hacking customer's cars up. You paid him to tint the whole window, not 90% of it.

Laziness is all it is, whether it be because they don't want to put forth the effort to make it look right, or in the sense that they aren't keeping up with new techniques (and making the dots stick properly is NOT a new technique), it's all just laziness no matter how you slice it.

Archived