California tint laws

big money

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shmerls

Does anyone know what the fines are for front passenger and driver tinted windows? I tried the Cal DMV, but had no luck finding fines.

That wont fly in either VA or GA. Non-Resident or not, you get ticky!!! :lol2:hmmm

I had a good customer of mine get stopped driving through VA. for his tint being too dark. It was legal for SC on the two fronts, the rear was factory. The cop cited him for the front and rear, when he asked the cop how he could write him a ticket for something factory, and for legal film in the state it was registered in, the cop told him,"because I can".

What an :ahole

I have been thru VA and all that area--I have encountered a few problems but no-one has ever issued a tix--I have a medical exemption and once I explain that "if I'm a diabetic in MS then I'm one here as well" that's an example..

Be safe

Here in Cally, Doctors are not above the law. If you lived here, CHP would give you a tix. With the new laws, Chp has a new %=$ formula. 5% would be a $900.00 fix or pay, and 35% would net you a $400.00 fix or pay, thats b-cuz people were just paying the fine. Some local law inforcement are following suit. Things are changing in Cally and it's not going to be easy to be a window tinter. Next year could be bad for us. :gasp

What part of California do you live in? Southern California is a simple fix it ticket and a $10 fine. I know because I have gotten 8 of them since I moved here 5 years ago. Also I don't know why all the tinters here are worried about tinting the front windows "illegally." It is not illegal for a shop to tint the front windows. The only person that needs to worry about it is the car owner but it is just a fix it ticket. One time I didn't even take the tint off because I knew one of the police officers that signed off my ticket was too lazy to get off his fat ass and check to see if I really did take the tint off. There are tons of cars down here driving around with illegal tint on their front windows and it is not a big deal. So every one just relax and tint those front windows nice and dark. :lol2 Jeeze!

Guest haroldshouseoftint
What part of California do you live in? Southern California is a simple fix it ticket and a $10 fine. I know because I have gotten 8 of them since I moved here 5 years ago. Also I don't know why all the tinters here are worried about tinting the front windows "illegally." It is not illegal for a shop to tint the front windows. The only person that needs to worry about it is the car owner but it is just a fix it ticket. One time I didn't even take the tint off because I knew one of the police officers that signed off my ticket was too lazy to get off his fat ass and check to see if I really did take the tint off. There are tons of cars down here driving around with illegal tint on their front windows and it is not a big deal. So every one just relax and tint those front windows nice and dark. :lol2 Jeeze!

Sorry dude, you are wrong, there is STIFF penalties for shops who do illegal work, your on the consumer end of it, and don't know the rules and regulations of the industry.

Please keep it legal is all you will get from most of us on this site. :gasp:DD:DD

Sorry dude, you are wrong, there is STIFF penalties for shops who do illegal work, your on the consumer end of it, and don't know the rules and regulations of the industry.

Please keep it legal is all you will get from most of us on this site. :lol2:gasp:DD

Well they are obviously not stiff enough. Thousands of shops all over the country do it everyday! I know a guy that has been tinting windows for over 20 years and he tints the front windows every day. I know the penalties exist but what are the odds of them getting enforced? Not very good.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Well they are obviously not stiff enough. Thousands of shops all over the country do it everyday! I know a guy that has been tinting windows for over 20 years and he tints the front windows every day. I know the penalties exist but what are the odds of them getting enforced? Not very good.

:thumb so in your other thread looking for a shop in OC, if you know a guy, why are you on here asking us for a shop :poke

Once again, you wanna roll illegal, HAVE A NICE DAY, you will not get advice from most LEGIT shop owners on this forum

Archived