California tint laws

big money

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

in Fresno its still a fix it ticket with a $10 fee. I use suntek and I use the infinity series 65% on the customers that want a little something but don't want to get messed with. In 5 years I've never had one person messed with. I let them know that nothing is legal but the 65% is safe, and tell them if they get a ticket I'll strip and retint the windows free of charge.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jambatint8

Cali cops are real assholes! I've had multiple tix for tint on fronts. Yet when cops want their personal cars done, they do 5-20%. They always say "I wont get a ticket"

Pisses me off while im workin, knowin he wont get stopped & the same cop can pull me over tomorrow for MY windows. I had a customer come in and say They got a ticket & the cop actually scratched the glass with his key & told her to 'Now get it fixed'

Crooked ass cops here yall! :thumb

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal
What part of California do you live in? Southern California is a simple fix it ticket and a $10 fine. I know because I have gotten 8 of them since I moved here 5 years ago. Also I don't know why all the tinters here are worried about tinting the front windows "illegally." It is not illegal for a shop to tint the front windows. The only person that needs to worry about it is the car owner but it is just a fix it ticket. One time I didn't even take the tint off because I knew one of the police officers that signed off my ticket was too lazy to get off his fat ass and check to see if I really did take the tint off. There are tons of cars down here driving around with illegal tint on their front windows and it is not a big deal. So every one just relax and tint those front windows nice and dark. :evileye Jeeze!
Cali cops are real assholes! I had a customer come in and say They got a ticket & the cop actually scratched the glass with his key & told her to 'Now get it fixed'

Crooked ass cops here yall! :tantrum

silentbob you should just stay silent because you have NO idea what your talking about, first if you've gotten 8 tickets already get ready to lose your license and have a reckless driving charge on your record for knowingly and willingly endangering peoples lives...huge fines for the tinter and the shop its bieng done at NOT just a "fix-it" ticket like most my idiot customers think.

Showyourtints is right, a black mustang must have had 35% on the windshield and 20% on the side rollups, cop pulls him over...takes his knife to the windshield (because the guy said it was factory dark like that) haha cop proved him wrong REAL quick. didnt even ticket him for the rollups though...strange. :tantrum

Guest banfam55
I just tinted an 07 acura tl to be close to legal for CA. I installed 20% on rear doors and back glass, 75% ultra perf. on the fronts.

Do you Ca guys and gals think they will be ok out there? :evileye

I think thats a conservitive shade combo :tantrum do you have any pics of the job.How'd the felting come out..Good im sure.. :tantrum In the event of a tcket.Free removal.(with light only)

Guest EdwardH
What part of California do you live in? Southern California is a simple fix it ticket and a $10 fine. I know because I have gotten 8 of them since I moved here 5 years ago. Also I don't know why all the tinters here are worried about tinting the front windows "illegally." It is not illegal for a shop to tint the front windows. The only person that needs to worry about it is the car owner but it is just a fix it ticket. One time I didn't even take the tint off because I knew one of the police officers that signed off my ticket was too lazy to get off his fat ass and check to see if I really did take the tint off. There are tons of cars down here driving around with illegal tint on their front windows and it is not a big deal. So every one just relax and tint those front windows nice and dark. :lol2 Jeeze!

Sorry dude, you are wrong, there is STIFF penalties for shops who do illegal work, your on the consumer end of it, and don't know the rules and regulations of the industry.

Please keep it legal is all you will get from most of us on this site. :beer:beer:)

Can you please tell me the name and location of that very nice policeman who would not get off his f-t a-s to inspect your windows? I just got a fix it ticket for my drivers side windows, which has a very light tint on it and I do not think I should have to remove the tint.

What part of California do you live in? Southern California is a simple fix it ticket and a $10 fine. I know because I have gotten 8 of them since I moved here 5 years ago. Also I don't know why all the tinters here are worried about tinting the front windows "illegally." It is not illegal for a shop to tint the front windows. The only person that needs to worry about it is the car owner but it is just a fix it ticket. One time I didn't even take the tint off because I knew one of the police officers that signed off my ticket was too lazy to get off his fat ass and check to see if I really did take the tint off. There are tons of cars down here driving around with illegal tint on their front windows and it is not a big deal. So every one just relax and tint those front windows nice and dark. :lol2 Jeeze!

Sorry dude, you are wrong, there is STIFF penalties for shops who do illegal work, your on the consumer end of it, and don't know the rules and regulations of the industry.

Please keep it legal is all you will get from most of us on this site. :beer:beer:)

Can you please tell me the name and location of that very nice policeman who would not get off his f-t a-s to inspect your windows? I just got a fix it ticket for my drivers side windows, which has a very light tint on it and I do not think I should have to remove the tint.

Can you put a number on this "very light" as that can be rather subjective.

Here in Cally, Doctors are not above the law. If you lived here, CHP would give you a tix. With the new laws, Chp has a new %=$ formula. 5% would be a $900.00 fix or pay, and 35% would net you a $400.00 fix or pay, thats b-cuz people were just paying the fine. Some local law inforcement are following suit. Things are changing in Cally and it's not going to be easy to be a window tinter. Next year could be bad for us. :ppdance

What part of California do you live in? Southern California is a simple fix it ticket and a $10 fine. I know because I have gotten 8 of them since I moved here 5 years ago. Also I don't know why all the tinters here are worried about tinting the front windows "illegally." It is not illegal for a shop to tint the front windows. The only person that needs to worry about it is the car owner but it is just a fix it ticket. One time I didn't even take the tint off because I knew one of the police officers that signed off my ticket was too lazy to get off his fat ass and check to see if I really did take the tint off. There are tons of cars down here driving around with illegal tint on their front windows and it is not a big deal. So every one just relax and tint those front windows nice and dark. :dunno Jeeze!

LOL. your not serious are you? Your talking about tens of thousands of dollars in fines if a shop is found guilty!!! Now it takes a lot of proof, and each state is a lil different on how they approach it. I know in florida you have to have multiple proven illeagal installs, then they get you really hard.

Honestly , if your a tinter, and want to be professional, then learn the ins and outs of your craft.

Archived