California tint laws

big money

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything on the backs and 70 net on the fronts, the only legal film for fronts is clear UV, but it depends where you are as to enforcement. In LA, they don't enforce it much, just use it as probable cause to make stops. In my town they are pretty strict about it.

Thanks TD.

I did put the ultra performance 75 on the fronts, and it looks clear, especially with the light tan interior. They are willing to take their chances out there with it. Here, all the cops will think nothing is on them. :thumb

I was in CA not too terribly long ago and was stopped by CHP for my tint. It's 5% all around; 1998 Ford Explorer. I have a medical exemption from my doctor which is recoginzed in all states but CA--once I showed him the proper paperwork he was still thinking about giving me a tix--I explained that the law in CA id clear but if I am a visitior and not staying longer then 30 days then I was fine--he wasn't aware until I asked for his supervisor--a LT. or above only. Two(2) showed up, talked me me and hin--no tix.

Be safe

Guest Key West
I was in CA not too terribly long ago and was stopped by CHP for my tint. It's 5% all around; 1998 Ford Explorer. I have a medical exemption from my doctor which is recoginzed in all states but CA--once I showed him the proper paperwork he was still thinking about giving me a tix--I explained that the law in CA id clear but if I am a visitior and not staying longer then 30 days then I was fine--he wasn't aware until I asked for his supervisor--a LT. or above only. Two(2) showed up, talked me me and hin--no tix.

Be safe

That wont fly in either VA or GA. Non-Resident or not, you get ticky!!! :poop:poop

Guest tintdawg

Be safe

Here in Cally, Doctors are not above the law. If you lived here, CHP would give you a tix. With the new laws, Chp has a new %=$ formula. 5% would be a $900.00 fix or pay, and 35% would net you a $400.00 fix or pay, thats b-cuz people were just paying the fine. Some local law inforcement are following suit. Things are changing in Cally and it's not going to be easy to be a window tinter. Next year could be bad for us. :poop

Archived