PPF learning curve

I have been doing Tint and alarms but want to get out of alarms and switch to paint protection . I do a few dealer who have been requesting it ( mostly toyota honda) . But everytime I think of doing it I look at bumpers and thier curves and a get scared off. I have been tinting for over 10 years so I am not sure if the learning curve would be easier.

First of all is it worth getting in to it ? Are there people willing to pay for it or is it so time consuming its not worth it in the end . Its like doing tint graphics you might charge some more but the time to do it isnt worth it . One thing is my shop is in a middle class area so not too many porsches or high end mercedes .

Talked to the sales rep but you know there full of BS? Looking for someones feed back from there experience getting into it. I do use computercut so I will use precut patterns.

I have done a few hoods without the bumpers but damn they have some crazy bumpers out there . :krazy

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

it sux balls to do...not like tint at all...im a tinter but have had to do some of these...getting better but is still never easy. I've done maybe 10 and still learn every time. Had to redo an 07 vette, the expensive one :poke he wasnt happy :poke but it was my first. thats right I popped the cherry on a brand new vette

Guest JTKSDB

By some to play with. Invest the money in yourself to increase your personal value. It is difficult to learn but, it is also very worth while. Once you understand how it will and will not work the learning curve will pull a few less Gs.

Guest darkdan

Some hoods can be a PITA.

Almost any bumper is a PITA.

Some are a PITA x 2.

Like anything, it takes experience and patience.

Guest VR6freak

I do both and started both around the same time and can say it's(PPF) totally different as far as install.

I now prefer doing PPF over tint any day. It's way more forgiving(once you get it) and brings in more $$$...

And no fu%*!#g contamination issues to deal with.. :beer

:lol6

just wait....you'll get some..... :lol2 I had an eye lash in a LAMBO hood.... :lol2

unreal.

:lol6

or how about when your steamer starts spitting little silver particals and you don't see it till the sun hits it and that also is when the custy seen it... good news blame the steamer and just redo :lol2

And no fu%*!#g contamination issues to deal with.. :lol6

How's that? It's like tint in the way that you can get contamination in it if you dont prep corectly or dont have the right enviroment :lol2

:lol2

just wait....you'll get some..... :lol2 I had an eye lash in a LAMBO hood.... :gay

unreal.

:gay

Come'on an eyelash was it really noticeable? What kinda exotic was it?

or how about when your steamer starts spitting little silver particals and you don't see it till the sun hits it and that also is when the custy seen it... good news blame the steamer and just redo :lol6

Those little pieces may be tint pieces from removing film. I notice yesterday after a purple removal that there was like glitter all over everything that the film touched includeing myself and the steamer. Nothing a little rag and mop bucket could'nt handle :lol

Archived