Got a visit Saturday

Guest Key West

Guest Key West

Two guys (purportedly GBI) came in Saturday. They wanted to know my policies on illegal Tint. They flashed the ID's so quick I really didn't get a chance to see them. Even tho I requested to see the ID's again, they just ignored my requests, and continued to ask me questions, specifically about 5% on cars. I told them that I would not do that, of course. They THEN wanted to see my records and inspect my inventory. My gut reaction was to send 'em packing until they had a warrant, but prudence won and I showed them my inventory. Thankfully, I do not stock 5%, and there wasn't an empty box or an inch of it anywhere. I explained that I special order 5% for trucks, vans and SUV's, and then only enough to do that vehicle. That seemed to satisfy them, however they still wanted to see my sales records. At that point, I showed them the OUTSIDE of my shop.

Seems that ONE particular car club has had alot of tickets for illegal tint, and somehow my shop came up as one of the offending shops. I do not do business with any of the members, but one of my competitors does. :bingo

Thier parting comment.....We are watching! :twocents OK, watch to your hearts content!!! I'll put a box of Krispy Kreme at the door for ya!

It seems to me that since the Crack and m*th problems have stymied them, they are going after easier targets. They can't stop the former, but by god they'll stop the insidious illegal tint trade!!!

Guest JTKSDB

Laws are written to be enforced. Wether we agree or not. I am sure there is a task force working on the dr*g problems. And apperantly there is one for windows tinting. If you don't do illegal tint then you should be happy to see them doing something to control it. I wish they would do smoething a little more substantial in my state in regards to enforcing the law.

Laws are written to be enforced. Wether we agree or not. I am sure there is a task force working on the dr*g problems. And apperantly there is one for windows tinting. If you don't do illegal tint then you should be happy to see them doing something to control it. I wish they would do smoething a little more substantial in my state in regards to enforcing the law.

Welcome to the board T-Town....I am from oklahoma my self, even keep my truck tagged in Oklahoma so I can have darker tint on it..bahahahhah...But I would agree that their is litle if any law enforcement when it comes to tint in that state..Heck I even remember doing some HiPo cars in limo (back in the day)....Now if that isnt a hazard I dunno what is

Two guys (purportedly GBI) came in Saturday. They wanted to know my policies on illegal Tint. They flashed the ID's so quick I really didn't get a chance to see them. Even tho I requested to see the ID's again, they just ignored my requests, and continued to ask me questions, specifically about 5% on cars. I told them that I would not do that, of course. They THEN wanted to see my records and inspect my inventory. My gut reaction was to send 'em packing until they had a warrant, but prudence won and I showed them my inventory. Thankfully, I do not stock 5%, and there wasn't an empty box or an inch of it anywhere. I explained that I special order 5% for trucks, vans and SUV's, and then only enough to do that vehicle. That seemed to satisfy them, however they still wanted to see my sales records. At that point, I showed them the OUTSIDE of my shop.

Seems that ONE particular car club has had alot of tickets for illegal tint, and somehow my shop came up as one of the offending shops. I do not do business with any of the members, but one of my competitors does. :beer

Thier parting comment.....We are watching! :lol OK, watch to your hearts content!!! I'll put a box of Krispy Kreme at the door for ya!

It seems to me that since the Crack and m*th problems have stymied them, they are going after easier targets. They can't stop the former, but by god they'll stop the insidious illegal tint trade!!!

what????????????

is it against the law to have 5% window film in your shop in GA?

are they harrasing the auto part stores who sell 5%?

5% window film can be installed on anything, not just vehicles, like you said, it can be installed on some vehicles :eyebrows

you should have sent them packing, without a warrant, and they are to let you make certain they are actually police, sounds like you may have been taken advantage of by a competitior, next time, get their names and badge numbers, and call it in before you show them anything, once you invite them in, they can look for anything to use against you thats in plain sight.

yes, we have laws, but more importantly, we have rights

I can't believe how much more @nal the law is in the US in respects to tint :beer

I would lose a lot of customers if I didn't carry 5% (for the rear windows of course)

I never did understand the difference between having 5% on the back of a truck and having a slide in camper in the back or having a tall load in the back of it...at least you can see out of the 5% in the day time :eyebrows

Guest Key West
Am I reading this right ?

He is saying it is a violation of some type to be in possession of 5 % tint ??????

No, it's not a violation. I choose not to stock 5%. It would seem that it was stated that some or all of the cars in question were tinted at my shop. The fact that I do not stock 5% took the wind out of thier sails. I believe that had they found evidence of 5% they would have gotten a warrant to examine my files/invoices. I gave them SunGards # and told them to call and see when the last time I ordered 5% was.

I can't believe how much more @nal the law is in the US in respects to tint :beer

They aren't all that @nal, we have here what's called "selective enforcement" On the Ga side, there is only me and one other (low-ball) shop. One does not have to be a genius to figure out whats going on. To my knowledge, I haven't done one car for the club, the OTHER SHOP on the other hand.............. :eyebrows:lol

Guest Key West
If they would not let you get a good look at their id I would of shown them the door :eyebrows

I'm pretty sure that they were who they said. I really have nothing to hide anyway. I was just really pissed at thier attitude!

The REALLY funny thing about it was that they were wanting to know if I did Illegal tint, while standing right next to this without batting an eye!!! :lol:lolRocket.jpg

I guess now I can expect a visit from Homeland Security!!! :beer

The REALLY funny thing about it was that they were wanting to know if I did Illegal tint, while standing right next to this without batting an eye!!! :bat:lolRocket.jpg

I guess now I can expect a visit from Homeland Security!!! :beer

:eyebrows:lol:lol2:lol2

Archived