Jaguar x type

Guest dustedu5

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or you could just reach across the deck and use your hand to pull the deck away from the glass. it may take 3 or 4 seconds for each side. or you could waste an hour pulling seats out for no reason.

We wouldnt take the risk of:

1. Damaging the deck

2. Contaminating the film on the felt lined deck.

Bottom line with our business is quality tints without compromise so we are more than willing to take an extra hour to avoid damaging a customers car or contaminating the film.

Its just the way we do things here!

Or you could just reach across the deck and use your hand to pull the deck away from the glass. it may take 3 or 4 seconds for each side. or you could waste an hour pulling seats out for no reason.

1. Damaging the deck

Bottom line with our business is quality tints without compromise so we are more than willing to take an extra hour to avoid damaging a customers car or contaminating the film.

Prob just like all the other tinters that remove door pannels and tell cust. that its the right way to do it. nevermind that half of you dont even know how to put them back on correctly. im not calling you out just frustrated by people who act like they know what their doing when they actually have no clue. there is no way anyone is going to damage a rear deck by pressing down on it with your hand. unless you are a retard. also not gonna contaminate the film b/c the adhesive side goes against the glass not the felt lined deck. I would bet that more damage would be done on a remove deck, leave on shop floor or table, and reinstall. just to be clear jp im not saying you are wrong, the instructions u posted were very on point. im just saying that for an inexperienced tinted will likely have more probs doing that than just putting a little pressure on top of the deck and moving it away from the glass. :dunno

1. Damaging the deck

Prob just like all the other tinters that remove door pannels and tell cust. that its the right way to do it. nevermind that half of you dont even know how to put them back on correctly. im not calling you out just frustrated by people who act like they know what their doing when they actually have no clue. there is no way anyone is going to damage a rear deck by pressing down on it with your hand. unless you are a retard. also not gonna contaminate the film b/c the adhesive side goes against the glass not the felt lined deck. I would bet that more damage would be done on a remove deck, leave on shop floor or table, and reinstall. just to be clear jp im not saying you are wrong, the instructions u posted were very on point. im just saying that for an inexperienced tinted will likely have more probs doing that than just putting a little pressure on top of the deck and moving it away from the glass. :thumb

Thats a fair call without doubt. I know exactly what you are saying about inexperienced tinters causing more damage taking the seats out but its just how I like to do them.

As far as door panels go, we have never had an issue with them not fitted correctly when putting them back on. As long as you take your time and keep note of how it came off, there shouldnt be an issue. We dont tell customers they HAVE to come off, we just tell them that we find it easier to install the film with them off. I have seen trims damaged by tinters who dont take panels off and wedge something bewtween the glass and the weather strip, so you can argue eother way on this issue.

As far as this thread goes, I just wanted to put up some images for anyone that could use them.

I know it would have helped me out to have something to actually look at.

Think we may have to just agree to disagree on the one Drama. :dunno

I'm with JP on this one. If the rear deck is tight or very close to back glass then we remove it every time, giving full easy access to the glass for a spotless install first time, and secondly being able to cover up sensitve electronic modules underneath the deck. There is no risk of damage to trim if done correctly.

I also agree with JP! I'll remove a panel or a rear deck if need be. I've done this for years and yes sometimes you get older cars that have dry rotted back decks that you can booger up or have clips on panels that break but you learn from trial and error what and how to do things! You never quit learning in this trade..never! You learn to way out your best option per vehicle in persuit of a clean install!

Did an 04 today, no pull down rear seats, but had enough time to tint whilst the deck was in place, a helpfull pair of hands in workshop was a winner.. Cost me a tea bag, but worth it...

Rest of the car is piece of piss... Watch the prongs on the seats when you put em back in the car, as ive scratched a silll years ago... wup!!!

Archived