Got the call I have been dreading yesterday

jpwindowfilms

Hi guys, I heard some horror stories about tining the new VW Golf.

Got a 5 door version booked in tomorrow. I have heard that the back glass is a nighmare to shrink and the door panels are a tw@t to get off. :trustme

Any tips would be much appreciated, thanks, Jon.

G'day Jon,

Leave the door trims in place.

There is plenty of room to slide the film down but ideally the sides will need a shrink too.

Tape up all the felt sides as well.

As for the rear, it is terribly curved and I invisibly 3 piece it with a shrink in each piece as well.

Give the rear plenty of sun so it sets down that huge dot matrix border and charge good money for them.

Devil

Got a 5 door version booked in tomorrow. I have heard that the back glass is a nighmare to shrink and the door panels are a tw@t to get off. :trustme

Uuummm , only tip is just one word..... "Flatgla$$"

Last tip is get to bed early.... lol :thumb You can have auto tinting... :lol Lots of luck , stay patient and dont say any curse words. lol

:DD

-SF

Guest Tint Technology

The back glass is tough but can be done 1 piece with practice, no more difficult than a 206 or mk2 Clio. Panels don't have to come off, the outer gasket is higher than the inside so you don't need to tuck. Front and rears need wet shrinking, the rear quarters are tight. Did 2 on Friday took about 2 hours each. PM 'Green One' he's expert at golf back glass's, won the Euro Tint-Off using the new Golf. Have fun :trustme

Guest Diamond Tints

My tip is........ Dont eat yellow snow :thumb:lol

Got it done today. back glass was tricky. Did it in one piece but fingers at the sides were hard to get stuck down once it was installed. Plenty of heat bullied them out!

Rear door vents are tight but at least they are bonded and u have some room to slide in behind. Door glasses were easy. I pulled the panels and that was very easy just to make my installation that little bit easier.

Not a nice car to work on but not a nightmare. :evileye

Archived