Nevada Tints Laws

MississippiPI

I was in Las Vegas last week---had a great time. Was sitting at at red light when I noticied a cop behind me; saw him when he grabbed his mic and started talking; sho 'nough--he pulled me over, actually three (3) pulled me over. Here I am on Flamingo Rd with Mississippi firefighter tag--tint at 5% and he pulls me over; I fiogured it was a matter of time. I rolled the window down and he asked for my license and as I was getting them from my wallet he explained that there wasa tint law in Nevada and asked me was I aware of it. I told him I was in fact aware of the law; from his look and demeanor I guess he thought I was being smart alec which I wasn't. I told him as I was grabbing it from the dash that I had a medical exemption for my tint--he looked at and said it's a MS exemption; long story short----no ticket.

Be safe

Guest TINTEM

Now I have heard and only take this a a Rumor But I heard that Vegas Dosn't allow 5% anymore. Like I said thats what I heard. I don't live their so I can't say that for sure....

NV 35% ANY% ANY% AS1 NET is whats posted under Laws

Tint 123

Not sure what state you are in, might want to check your local laws. I have a medical exemption that allows me to have my tint as dark as I want provided it doesn't obscure my view. California cops stopped me once, they don't allow medical exemptions--I researched the law and discovered if you are from out of state and in CA less than 30 days you are considered a visitor and exemption applies--after 30 days thay consider you a resident and then it's a horse of a different color. The D.C. cops hasseled me once but it got taken care of.

Be safe

Guest Key West
Tint 123

Not sure what state you are in, might want to check your local laws. I have a medical exemption that allows me to have my tint as dark as I want provided it doesn't obscure my view. California cops stopped me once, they don't allow medical exemptions--I researched the law and discovered if you are from out of state and in CA less than 30 days you are considered a visitor and exemption applies--after 30 days thay consider you a resident and then it's a horse of a different color. The D.C. cops hasseled me once but it got taken care of.

Be safe

Several states have written thier laws to include out of state drivers (Ga, and Va included). This is ILLEGAL and unconstitutional, but they get by with it 'cuz no one wants to shell out the bucks to protect thier freedoms. It's cheaper to just bend over and take it in the shorts. How do you put a price tag on your rights? :thumb

Personally this is how I feel about the whole situation...Your are a visit in their state...You are in your own personal vehicle that is insured, tagged, and legaly up to code wihtin the state that you reside..SO I feel , personally, that at most you should ever get is a warning...But a ticket is just out of line..

Its stupid to get ticketed when theres nothing wrong with you car...

This is ILLEGAL and unconstitutional

Bingo, but when does a little thing like a "god damned" piece of paper as GWB puts it stop them from doing things like having secret prisons and torturing children in front of their parents?

Our "government" is out of control and nothing but an overthrow will ever stop them.

Guest Key West
Bingo, but when does a little thing like a "god damned" piece of paper as GWB puts it stop them from doing things like having secret prisons and torturing children in front of their parents?

Our "government" is out of control and nothing but an overthrow will ever stop them.

Don't get me started.USA Today has an article in todays edition about some lawmakers urging the Homeland security boys to "delay" using military surveillance satellites. Our Homie Security boys want to let police and counter-terrorism agencies use MILITARY surveillance satellites on targets INSIDE the US.

Counter-terrorism? Counter-insurgency? :tantrum Old Ben Franklin, Tom Jefferson and thier "Crew" would be terrorists and insurgents by todays standards. What ever happened to our RIGHT to rise against the gov't and replace it if it wasn't acting in our best interests? That was a BIG part of being able to keep a "well regulated militia" was about. Keeping these bastards in line. We screwed up as a country somewhere. Same thing thats happened to the rest of our rights.........APATHY!!!

Don't get me started.USA Today has an article in todays edition about some lawmakers urging the Homeland security boys to "delay" using military surveillance satellites. Our Homie Security boys want to let police and counter-terrorism agencies use MILITARY surveillance satellites on targets INSIDE the US.

Counter-terrorism? Counter-insurgency? :lol6 Old Ben Franklin, Tom Jefferson and thier "Crew" would be terrorists and insurgents by todays standards. What ever happened to our RIGHT to rise against the gov't and replace it if it wasn't acting in our best interests? That was a BIG part of being able to keep a "well regulated militia" was about. Keeping these bastards in line. We screwed up as a country somewhere. Same thing thats happened to the rest of our rights.........APATHY!!!

:lol:lol

Archived