water beading windows

Guest powertints

The new seals are like those silicone wiper blades. They leave a little residue behind on each pass to help with fogging and to help extend the life of the window motor by making it easier for the glass to slide up and down.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest psychotinter

hey mdog its been a while !!! I had the same problem @ my shop with the beads . My solution was gun wash. You can buy it @ any auto paint dealer . It is ment to clean the base coat & clear coat out of paint guns. You can pick up 5 gal. for about $20.00. Just wipe it on and you are ready to tint. It contains no oils & it leaves the window squeekie clean. Just avoid any painted areas of the vehical to be on the safe side. Oh ya , nice fro LMAO

Guest thetintshop

nope, I tried that too, still doesn't come off. to tell you how far I've been on this matter, I've even tried toothpaste. if it's made for cleaning, I've tried it. I know what mdog is talking about, and this stuff isn't rain-x. there is a distributor here in texas selling this s**t window cleaner to detail shops and used car dealers and it is horrible. I've had people come in with rain-x and fog-x on thier windows and rub a little thinner on it and it's gone. this s**t we're dealing with can't be taken off. I guess it has to wear off.

I was hoping paladin would get on here and respond to this cause I know he's dealt with this crap and wanted to hear how he's handling it.

Guest Braud Spectrum

You guys know what Zud is? Been around for yeeaaears. It's in the grocery store next to the Comet and Ajax. Little bitty yellow can. I use the powdered kind. Comes in liquid nowadays but it doesn't work worth a crap. I make a paste out of it with water and rub gently. This stuff even takes off acid rain drops on the outside of the glass. "Mr. Pickie", the most discernable customer I've ever encountered, informed me of this little tip.

Guest thetintshop

:?

I actually tried that. I took a glass out of a old nissan truck that was beadin like mad. it actually helped, but I'm not taking the glass out of every f*****g car that comes in. and that s**t will destroy anything touches.

Guest Braud Spectrum

thetintshop ? We musta posted at the same time....were you talking about the Zud or the Air Craft stripper ? I never have had to take the glass out to use Zud.

Archived