Advantage questions

Guest haroldshouseoftint

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bulldog

Quality thread people.....1ppeece broke it down to the T. :spit

I used to be a part of the company/manufacturer being discussed here. I no longer have a vested interest though. I can tell everybody that this is a extremely good company. Name recognition aside, the product is the very best available.(without thinking of IR films). The quality of the stuff will not crap out like some others. Same component used as those from the old dinosaurs of manuf.

All that ya need to do is see if ya like shrinking the stuff. Depends on what you are used to. :spit

Guest Hades12

My shop uses their film. I love the price on it and have been happy with the installs and look of it.

One of their guys was out to my place last week for some instruction on better ways to install.

Aegis Films was a Madico distributor. Aegis Films is still a V-Kool distributor. V-Kool is the only product that we currently sell that we do not manufacture. I work through V-Kool USA in Houston, TX. Aegis Films works very closely with V-Kool USA and we do not compete with them.

The Aegis yellow pages ad is our company. In 2000/2001, I decided to create local installation shops in the cities where we had offices. It was a debatable/controversial decision that has been used by the competition. It gave me the ability to have first hand knowledge of what works and what does not work in the marketplace.

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35715

Some dealers feel that it's not proper to have to compete against their distributor.

Guest aegispresident

As I stated above, deciding to open installation locations where I had offices was debatable/controversial. I am open-minded and I am willing to discuss/debate any point or decision I have made. But, this comment deserves some clarification.

I have a history with HarveyD. When I made the switch to Madico from Llumar, part of my agreement was that I would move to Atlanta, GA to open and oversee a second distribution point. My sales staff and myself made multiple visits to the above-mentioned shop. While the conversations were pleasant, the promises made while inside the shop never materialized after we left.

My sales people and I had a job to perform-establish a product line in a predominantly locked up area. I was not having any success. So, instead of accepting my fate, I changed the landscape. I opened a flat glass installation shop in both cities where I had offices. Not to be a low-end provider or take business from existing customers but to create sales for a product line I represented. Like I said, I knew it would be debatable/controversial. But, it worked. Not because my sales people were the cheapest price, quite the opposite. They developed relationships and sold on quality and service, typically being the highest price. The unforeseen benefits from having these install locations were that I could offer on the job training, I knew first hand which products were needed and now I have the ability to make them. Being a distributor of other product lineups, it was frustrating to be forced to carry large amounts of products that never sold.

Whoever heard of being criticized for thinking outside the box, being different, taking a different path. I ask my customers to meet me half way. Don’t run from me if a bad roll of film shows up or someone in my office accidentally ships your order to the wrong Pro-Tint and I will do anything within my power to build your business or cover that occasional warranty when it could go either way or… maybe tell your girlfriend you were with my sales rep at dinner when you were really at the strip club! (Sorry, everybody need’s a little humor.)

Make no mistake. I am the new guy. I knew this would not be easy and I have never been about trying to win a popularity contest. I believe we make a very good product. It’s different. It had to be. Coming up through this industry, I knew I would have one shot. So, I designed the best products I could. No cut corners. If the product could not be equal to or better than what was already in the marketplace, I would not succeed. I know people will disagree with me, call me out. But, all I can ask is that you give it a try. A real try. I think if you do, you will find we do know what we are doing.

Guest Hades12

I personally like companys that use what they promote, As an audio shop I don't install x brand in my car while selling Y in the shop, Plus how better to know the in's and out's of a product then to use it.

aegispresident

As an aside could you call Mike at my shop. The new rolls we received are metering 5 numbers to high: Not sure if it is a tint problem or if we just cant use the meter correctly. Thanks

Guest aegispresident

I just spoke with Ricky in the Atlanta office. He will call you shortly. The raw materials for this product have not changed. He believes it is the new Pocket Detective meters we recently received.

Either way, we will get to the bottom of the problem.

Archived