Advantage questions

Guest haroldshouseoftint

Guest vclimber
PM those names, most likely we have the same list :spit

:spit

Part of the problem is the contract installers down there. Give them any information about a large commercial bid and they will spill it to the Dist's and MFG's.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:spit

Part of the problem is the contract installers down there. Give them any information about a large commercial bid and they will spill it to the Dist's and MFG's.

I been doing it all wrong. :spit

so there you go the conspiracy has been proven :nuts

Guest darkdan
The quality of the stuff will not crap out like some others. Same component used as those from the old dinosaurs of manuf.

So you're saying Advantage contains the same components of the films made by other companies? Instead of using proprietary components it's a mixture of other companies tested and time proven components?

Guest aegispresident

I believe you are missing my point. When I came to Atlanta, I had a difficult time getting existing shops to regularly purchase my products. While having my price list on file and purchasing 1 roll of film every 6 months is a "nice gesture", surely you can see that you cannot build a business around that kind of volume. My goal was not to tarnish the products name by being the low price provider. I am talking about one city/town where I have a physical location. I have a dedicated staff that was an investment to get the business started. It did not happen overnight. It took a lot of effort and hard work. I didn’t just get a yellow pages ad and rent a van.

I also believe the marketplace is vastly untapped. Any effort made to create residential/commercial installation business only promotes/creates more business. Less than 5% of all residential/commercial glass is filmed every year. I am not advocating supplying tint shops with my products in an area and then competing/undercutting them for the same business. The price of one square foot of film is not the difference between getting work and not getting work.

Any successful window film shop owner knows that if it only took getting a yellow page ad and then waiting for the phone to ring to be successful, they would have to print a separate book just for our industry.

Guest aegispresident

Advantage is made with proprietary components and the construction formulations are not currently duplicated in the marketplace. We did a 5-year field test on our ADN 15, a Lifetime/No Color Change HP Neutral film. The color did not change and the VLT was only 1% lighter. The PS adhesive was still clear and there was no visible distortion anywhere in the product.

Guest mhun9180
Advantage is made with proprietary components and the construction formulations are not currently duplicated in the marketplace. We did a 5-year field test on our ADN 15, a Lifetime/No Color Change HP Neutral film. The color did not change and the VLT was only 1% lighter. The PS adhesive was still clear and there was no visible distortion anywhere in the product.

The color did not change in 5 years? I find it hard to believe it didn't shift at all, but if it didn't then I applaude you.

Guest haroldshouseoftint

I'm gonna call you tommorow, I've only found two films out here in AZ, that didn't loose any VLT, and last through our heat.

I'll give you guys a shot :hmmm

The color did not change in 5 years? I find it hard to believe it didn't shift at all, but if it didn't then I applaude you.

I can name 2 that don't out here in AZ :DD :DD

Guest willie

What state and climate :DD

Do you have a 5 year Texas reference :DD

Archived