Advantage questions

Guest haroldshouseoftint

one question that im curious about. you really want us tinters to believe that you are chargine way higher on bids you being a manufacturer? im nobody to judge nor I know you. but my udnestanding is that if you making the film, you can price it lower than us tint shop owners who buy and resell the film to make ends meet. I just dont get how you say tha because you have sale professionals or because they are that good that you are pricing jobs higher than most. :spit

glad to have you on here.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barry- I'd ask you not to take any of my posts as criticism of how you operate your businesses or for thinking out of the box. We are all in this industry for the same reasons.

:spit

Speaking for myself, I'd have a hard time justifying buying film from a distributor that is also competing for customers directly against me as a dealer. Until you began operations as a dealer, I always had your Madico product/price list on file and bought that brand from you when needed. I believe the last time we spoke, you had recently begun operating as a distributor and a dealer and it wasn't anything you made me aware of. I had to ask you. There is an inherent conflict of interest. Many dealers feel as I do and many feel differently. :spit

To other dealers in other parts of the country. Do you have a film distributor in your area that also operates a film dealership in competition with you? Regardless, I think it should be a legitmate concern that dealers have and a valid topic for discussion here on TINTDUDE.

:nuts

Guest willie
Barry- I'd ask you not to take any of my posts as criticism of how you operate your businesses or for thinking out of the box. We are all in this industry for the same reasons.

Speaking for myself, I'd have a hard time justifying buying film from a distributor that is also competing for customers directly against me as a dealer. Until you began operations as a dealer, I always had your Madico product/price list on file and bought that brand from you when needed. I believe the last time we spoke, you had recently begun operating as a distributor and a dealer and it wasn't anything you made me aware of. I had to ask you. There is an inherent conflict of interest. Many dealers feel as I do and many feel differently. :spit

To other dealers in other parts of the country. Do you have a film distributor in your area that also operates a film dealership in competition with you? Regardless, I think it should be a legitmate concern that dealers have and a valid topic for discussion here on TINTDUDE.

:nuts

Ageed, and good point Harvey :hmmm

probably so, in every area they' probably do. that's why you have those so called honest 3m, llumar, and sometimes Huper dealers. its a conspiracy which we will never know about. its all done underground. Why do you think you keep losing those 30-40k dollar flat glass jobs to lower bidders. there is only one way that can be done that way.

Guest vclimber
one question that im curious about. you really want us tinters to believe that you are chargine way higher on bids you being a manufacturer? im nobody to judge nor I know you. but my udnestanding is that if you making the film, you can price it lower than us tint shop owners who buy and resell the film to make ends meet. I just dont get how you say tha because you have sale professionals or because they are that good that you are pricing jobs higher than most. :spit

glad to have you on here.

If a distributor were to take advantage of his buying power and use a retail dealership to underbid on a retail job it would not make any sense business wise. Top to bottom, every entity has to make a margin of profit. If you undercut on the retail end, where does that money come from? A typical distributor does not have the margins to lower his prices significantly and run them through a retail location. It would be a slow financial bleeding... :nuts

That doesn't mean that it is not being done, however, it makes no business sense if you are trying to grow your distributorship. :spit

If a distributor were to take advantage of his buying power and use a retail dealership to underbid on a retail job it would not make any sense business wise. Top to bottom, every entity has to make a margin of profit. If you undercut on the retail end, where does that money come from? A typical distributor does not have the margins to lower his prices significantly and run them through a retail location. It would be a slow financial bleeding... :nuts

That doesn't mean that it is not being done, however, it makes no business sense if you are trying to grow your distributorship. :spit

still. we dont know :spit

Guest vclimber
probably so, in every area they' probably do. that's why you have those so called honest 3m, llumar, and sometimes Huper dealers. its a conspiracy which we will never know about. its all done underground. Why do you think you keep losing those 30-40k dollar flat glass jobs to lower bidders. there is only one way that can be done that way.

I win those jobs, I am a Huper Dealer and I don't get any underground pricing. The West Coast Distrbutor does not do that kind of stuff.

I win those jobs, I am a Huper Dealer and I don't get any underground pricing. The West Coast Distrbutor does not do that kind of stuff.

well that's good man. I just setting an example no direct threat. take it like a local rep in my area. he comes and visits me once in a while. I look at his truck all tinted out. we trashbags in the back and sprayers. box of film. he is very indeed in the business. as he claims he's not. either way. my comment would be it is being done. and that they are charging higher than most. it would be hard to believe. :spit

Guest vclimber
well that's good man. I just setting an example no direct threat. take it like a local rep in my area. he comes and visits me once in a while. I look at his truck all tinted out. we trashbags in the back and sprayers. box of film. he is very indeed in the business. as he claims he's not. either way. my comment would be it is being done. and that they are charging higher than most. it would be hard to believe. :spit

I understand, I have bid against distributors 1st hand, especially in the Bay Area. I could name names. :spit

Archived