96 3 dr civic

Guest Hades12

Guest Hades12

We did this car a month ago and it came out bad, so we got it back yesterday to try again. wasted two peices before running out of time, so we are going to try again today.

Pics of the bad spots.

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff107/R.../Tint_Problems/

bubbleback.jpg

Each of the corners came out like this.

We just learned to Dry shrink so that is what was done.

Any tips?

Please.

Guest haroldshouseoftint

so how did you used to shrink, wet? if so, mabye just try doing this window how you are comfortable with shrinking, rather than wasting film trying to learn something new, learn on an easier car :dunno

Guest Hades12

Wet was how we used to do it, But It came out like ass then also, And a 2 peice cut looked bad. I dont mind wasting the tint, the knowlodge is well worth the cost.

Guest haroldshouseoftint

:dunno Understand about the knowlege part.

I've never used Adv. so I don't know what it shrinks like, so I can't give you any advice, sorry :thumb

the main thing on a harder back window is take your time, try to use low heat.....if you start shrinking it fast it reaches its limit faster......get a bar of soap, lather it up in your hands, smear it on the window, let it dry......I used baby powder for years, now all I do is soap...I can't explain why it's better, it just is, for me :dunno

Guest MaricopaTint

I just tried tinting my own 96 civic last night. Keep in mind I have never done a back window 100% yet. this was only my 3rd or 4th back window attempt ever. So anyway I tried the baby powder method first and it did not work at all. Tint just slid off the window,lol. And made a huge mess with baby powder all over my clothes, on the tint, in the seals of the car. I dont know who does it that way or why maybe that method is used for something I dont know about. So while the tint was sliding around I ended up cutting the

it too short.(limo tint with no light, at night!lol) So I just rolled that baby powered cover piece of film up for a roll up or something. @nd and 3rd attemp was Tarvella style dry shrink but with fabric softner. Thats what I usually use and what I have always seen my brother do it with several times. Both times I screwed up during the 2nd shrink after I spray sopa under film. I tried anchoring with an H but sides wont stay down. And I got creases in the spots on the ends right were it starts to curve. How do you keep the sides down? is a wet shrink better for this model car? @0 ft later on attempt 4 I tried the glove method and it worked much better than all. I thought I might have it flawless but then again on the follow up shrink I ran into problems on the sides were it starts to curve. IM thinking maybe I heated to close to the ends or something or just did not push the fingerd in more away from edges. I installed that one and it came out pretty good except for two little creses in those spots. Im going to try it again tonight. Any tips would be appreciated. Thank U

Archived