96 3 dr civic

Guest Hades12

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Im going to try it again tonight. Any tips would be appreciated. Thank U

:thumb Drive to the other side of the desert, and I'll help ya out :lol2:lol2

Seriously, if you want to make a road trip, even to my shop in Tempe, let me know, and I'll help ya out :idea:beer

otherwise, what Big E said will work too.

Guest coolrides
I just tried tinting my own 96 civic last night. Keep in mind I have never done a back window 100% yet. this was only my 3rd or 4th back window attempt ever. So anyway I tried the baby powder method first and it did not work at all. Tint just slid off the window,lol. And made a huge mess with baby powder all over my clothes, on the tint, in the seals of the car. I dont know who does it that way or why maybe that method is used for something I dont know about. So while the tint was sliding around I ended up cutting the

it too short.(limo tint with no light, at night!lol) So I just rolled that baby powered cover piece of film up for a roll up or something. @nd and 3rd attemp was Tarvella style dry shrink but with fabric softner. Thats what I usually use and what I have always seen my brother do it with several times. Both times I screwed up during the 2nd shrink after I spray sopa under film. I tried anchoring with an H but sides wont stay down. And I got creases in the spots on the ends right were it starts to curve. How do you keep the sides down? is a wet shrink better for this model car? @0 ft later on attempt 4 I tried the glove method and it worked much better than all. I thought I might have it flawless but then again on the follow up shrink I ran into problems on the sides were it starts to curve. IM thinking maybe I heated to close to the ends or something or just did not push the fingerd in more away from edges. I installed that one and it came out pretty good except for two little creses in those spots. Im going to try it again tonight. Any tips would be appreciated. Thank U

hey man I think when you say the tint slid about all over the window you havent anchored it with a wet line across the centre a couple of inches thick and one up each side vertically. this holds the film in place an stops excess going to the sides.

powder is messy I am so glad I found the soap method on this site. think it was tintdesign told me to try it.

:inot

Guest BLACKOUT TINTS

HI some advise of how to work the back need :spit ive done the sides honda civic came out sweet I would recomend taking the panels off the window or even removing the window which is held by 2 x 10mm bolts the back windows are a piece cake can any one gimi any tips on the back window ? :spit

Archived