XPEL Launches PPF

Guest XPEL Costas

Boy, PPF guys really like to get nitty gritty about their film.

Granted, we all want truth in advertising and film that won't hurt us down the road and leave us on the corner, but who makes what really insn't that big of deal to me.

We try all of them films and find what is the best for our operation (climate, clientele, price, etc.) I for one don't think any one manufacturer, reseller, etc. has an "unbelievable" film but for various reasons I chose one over the other but I know guys that for their own "various reasons" choose another. We need a resilient topcoat...others don't care as much. Orange peel isn't our biggest concern....to others it is. And so on and so on.

Just my two cents.

I really would hate to see the forum shut down again as I picked up plenty of great info when I first started from the initial forum before it closed up.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unprovoked....really?

They are being accused of someone else making their film for them yet they are a "tape" company. Sounds like he needed to set it straight to me. I would've done the same thing but probably not quite as nice.

Unprovoked...really.

Xpel never accused them of not making their own film, I mearly alluded to the fact that I have heard from several different sources over the years that the film comes from Stevens and Venture then applies their adhesive and puts it in a box.

"I can't go into the people who supply our raw materials, but I can tell you this..."

Hmmmm.

And what's the difference between making film for a private label and NEVER making film for a third party?

Yeah, there's a train wreck coming, just like the one that took out Dynashield, and when it hits you sometime over the next six months or so, you'll rethink how silly I am.

Dan, those aren't lines in the film, they're railroad tracks. I saw the same thing this summer.

Archived