08 Malibu

Guest willie

Guest Mo Evo

I have one of these tomorrow. Just how exactly do you pull the rubber seals? What do I have to unscrew etc? If these are anything like the Equinox, they MUST be pulled.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PrecisionTint

You don't have to remove any screws to remove rubber gaskets. Just roll the windows down and yank the gaskets out. there is also no need to remove gasket at bottom of window. Film slides right past it. just fluch sides well, bottom load doors, and you'll have a very easy install.

Guest kmzeidler
You don't have to remove any screws to remove rubber gaskets. Just roll the windows down and yank the gaskets out. there is also no need to remove gasket at bottom of window. Film slides right past it. just fluch sides well, bottom load doors, and you'll have a very easy install.

Are we talking about pulling the gaskets on the sides of the front windows, rear windows, or the small rear windows?

I am doing one of these sunday.

Are we talking about pulling the gaskets on the sides of the front windows, rear windows, or the small rear windows?

I am doing one of these sunday.

you'll see :evilgrin

Guest martys95

The bottom gaskets come right out. The rear door gasket goes all the way across the door and even under the little corner window.... Did my wifes car the other night. Easy Car.

100_2538.jpg

The bottom gaskets come right out. The rear door gasket goes all the way across the door and even under the little corner window.... Did my wifes car the other night. Easy Car.

100_2538.jpg

Ya think!?!?! I mean....really....think about it.....WILLY even thinks its easy! :dunno

I tinted one (2010 same car) earlier this week that had the foam strip in the wrong spot of the package tray, made it a pain to slide the tint down. I had to loosen the tray to get the tint behind it. Its the first one I've seen like this. Tried to just push it down but wouldn't budge. Anyone else run into this?

Guest EliteSoundskc

Did my 2010 today and had the same stupid foam piece right up agianst the dot matrix in rear deck, made it a pain to get film to slide down. Tried to heat the foam to make it shrink like carpet but that stuff would not budge. It was an all around easy car, pulled all seals and gaskets without pannels being removed"I like". Did Carbon 18 all the way around, looks super dark on a white car with small windows.

Archived