Aegis Window Film

Guest airgame12

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
who gives a fock where it is? did you go check out the plant where your car was made? before you ever went to mcdonald's did you go to the slaughter house to see where the fuggin' cow was butchered? I was gonna go fishin' yesterday but I couldn't find the fuggin' place where the worms were grown so I didn't go. fug it. I wonder where the plant is where this laptop is from. they better tell me or I'm not using this shiat anymore. :nope

Suburban was built at the Arlington GM plant have toured it 3 times, Mcdonalds is kangaroo meat and I dont fly so sorry never been to australia, worms arent grown, my laptop was built in china, see the I dont fly answer, any more :lol2

I just don't see the point willie. :nope what's it gonna accomplish seeing the damn plant. all I wanna know is if the shiat is gonna last. and I don't find that out by going to the plant. I find that out by experience and talking with my peers.

I just don't see the point willie. :lol2 what's it gonna accomplish seeing the damn plant. all I wanna know is if the shiat is gonna last. and I don't find that out by going to the plant. I find that out by experience and talking with my peers.

Just phuckin around, I posted here yesterday or this morning I wanst gonna jack with these guys about this anymore :nope . Geeze go back to the illegal immagrant fiasco and something more important. :nope

Before this thread popped up, I had never heard of this product. Now I'm curious :nope I've been a diehard Madico dealer for over twenty years and have had such good results with it that I have never really seriously thought of changing. Maybe I'll check some of this stuff out :lol2

.......but then no one asked me and this is just my :nope worth.

Before this thread popped up, I had never heard of this product. Now I'm curious :thumb I've been a diehard Madico dealer for over twenty years and have had such good results with it that I have never really seriously thought of changing. Maybe I'll check some of this stuff out :beer

.......but then no one asked me and this is just my :gay worth.

Very similar characteristics to Maddy!IMHO :lol2

Guest darkdan
I just don't see the point willie. :thumb what's it gonna accomplish seeing the damn plant. all I wanna know is if the shiat is gonna last. and I don't find that out by going to the plant. I find that out by experience and talking with my peers.

You have to ask, what exactly is IN the plant. Not where the plant is.

What goes INTO the material?

Is it weatherable poly?

Time proven materials?

RELIABLE sources? Or will it suffer problems like all coaters? A supplier is "out" of a material, but in a hurry ships another to fill an order? (think carbon 18..............)

Cusomer service?

Price?

We've established the fact that Barry is kind enough to be rather open. We know the "plant" is a coater and nothing more. We know that the raw materials are supposedly "100% USA" sourced (thus limiting options).

Now it comes down to time (5 year real world test in GA.....no published xenon accelerated weathering). The fact they are a coater. Relatively good customer service (my only problem is my home-boy G-dawg Beeline isn't always there.....understandable since the surgery. and barry forgot to answer one of my mailings....I ain't concerned). They have FIXED the clarity issues last I knew (one of my major problems with them) with their window film offerings.

Price? I wouldn't say they're ebay cheap, nor would I say they're outrageous.

You have to ask, what exactly is IN the plant. Not where the plant is.

What goes INTO the material?

Is it weatherable poly?

Time proven materials?

RELIABLE sources? Or will it suffer problems like all coaters? A supplier is "out" of a material, but in a hurry ships another to fill an order? (think carbon 18..............)

Cusomer service?

Price?

We've established the fact that Barry is kind enough to be rather open. We know the "plant" is a coater and nothing more. We know that the raw materials are supposedly "100% USA" sourced (thus limiting options).

Now it comes down to time (5 year real world test in GA.....no published xenon accelerated weathering). The fact they are a coater. Relatively good customer service (my only problem is my home-boy G-dawg Beeline isn't always there.....understandable since the surgery. and barry forgot to answer one of my mailings....I ain't concerned). They have FIXED the clarity issues last I knew (one of my major problems with them) with their window film offerings.

Price? I wouldn't say they're ebay cheap, nor would I say they're outrageous.

well said dd :thumb

I will go out on a limb

it is the best shrinking film I have ever used :beer

and I have used just about everything

:beer exactly....shrinks better than SunTek, or anything else for that matter

Z, what does it feel like? Thin? :beer

It definitely feels different, has a "softer" feel....not thin

looked and felt like suntek to me. :lol2

having used both, not even close....I personally think the ST HP is too blue looking

a lot like ATR

the HP is what I have used a lot of

aluminum vapor coated 2 ply 1.5 mil

I swear it runs from the heat gun before I turn it on :lol6

I dont care for single ply or thin 1 mil films

so their raven and raven 1.5 dont agree with my tint style too much

( I am heavy handed and crease the shizzle out of thin films) :spit

but the films look very nice

the adhesive dosen't tack nearly as fast as suntek to me :lol2

and it shrinks better than the ST HP I tried

:beer exactly

Doesnt sound fishy to me. :nope But the whole operation does! :yoda

:hmmm ass

Let's see if the truth be told!! Advantage Films was tested recently by another manufacturer and the material, specifically the adhesive, tested to be an exact match to another manufacturer. Also there is an industry rumour that no one can locate their supposed 'manufacturing plant'. It has been stated that the film is actually produced by Johnson Window Films and Advantage is just repackaged. Re[apackaging is no crime, but if they are doing it, why not tell the truth.

you have no idea what you're talking about.......Jackass

Amen dude, hope you dont catch the wrath.

Ive been asking this same question to all the newcomers, "private labels", "on labels" and such to no avail.

Good luck getting a straight answer, I'm not asking anymore.

Everybody thats been in this business for quite awhile knows the truth :rollin

Nuff said.....no more :lol2

you are such a suck-up prick.....one minute you're "Good luck, blah, blah, blah.....", then you start you're same BS "Yeah, that's what I'm saying..."

Jackass

No use in dodging the question or asking them to call with a question. We're not running a campain for office around here :lol6

What f'n question, dude? You keep saying that....what specific question do you need answered?

Damn Willie. I think AP has been a pretty stand up guy here so far, why don't you just give him a call? :hmmm

Because he's a puss.....

Suburban was built at the Arlington GM plant have toured it 3 times, Mcdonalds is kangaroo meat and I dont fly so sorry never been to australia, worms arent grown, my laptop was built in china, see the I dont fly answer, any more :hmmm

3 times??!!! Seriously.....

I know this is harsh, but damn.......I've been doing this for 19-20 years or so, and I've used just about every film out there, they all mess up at some point,......stuff gets lost, film gets rolly, stuff happens.....and I guarantee you I've redone mor LuLu than any other film by far, once again, stuff happens, probably more so with the big dog.....as for 80's Jackass, how come no one else is having this problem?? Seriously, no one else has complained about this, it just doesn't make sense....

Archived