Aegis Window Film

Guest airgame12

Shady, My name is Barry Edwards and I am the President of Aegis Films. Please call me at 1-800-438-8468 with any questions or sample requests. If I am unavailable, please leave me a VM and I will return your call within 24 hours.

Beeline already took the time to send me some film to play with... THANKS... :gayfight

And Vernon came by the other day, but I was unavailible.... :spit

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest aegispresident
I used to love it, then I had to kill it. :spit I switched from forever using Llumar to Advantage after reading about it on here and getting some samples. I loved it. :gayfight This last fall I ordered another batch, this time trying Raven 1.5. Went on milky, then fell off, literally. Every roll I had I tried, and as soon as we'd back it out, it would start peeling off the window. I called them, they said they had no problems. I switched slip solutions and even brought out a new sprayer. Tried very little baby shampoo (recommended by them), and more than usual. Nothing, still peeled back off of any window. I was talking to a gal who came to pick up her car and as we were talking it started peeling off the corner of her back window and just kept going! What do you say!? While talking to the company itself on the phone I watched a simple Ram back window peel away a foot on each side and kept going! :lol2 I said I wanted the old (cheaper) stuff back, so they traded me, said they would make an exception and not charge my card for the new stuff until they got the old back. They did it anyway. Then they said they would only give me credit for what was on the rolls, even though I told them I had to redo everything I used it on. Then my wife had to call them over and over to get our money credited back. :lol2 I don't know what happened to this outfit but it's not the same, neither is the tint. The stuff they sent, the regular ADC, rolls up tight as soon as you pull the liner. I can't even do a side window without it rolling up on itself. :lol2 I still have some of the old stuff from several years ago and it's perfect! I've switched brands again and learned my lesson. :lol2

The time locally is approximately 7:30 PM EST. I state this because yesterday after being directed to this thread by my sales staff, I placed a call to the above customer. I left a detailed message with my toll free number. Today after not receiving a return call, I left a second message with the same lady verifying the gentleman did receive my message and I left my personal cell phone number asking for a return call. I believe I have given him enough time to return my call so I would like to respond to his claim.

I want to share the buying history of this customer only to put this claim in perspective. I, in no way, am sharing this information to put a negative light on the size of the customer. This customer did purchase film form our company. Over a 20 month time frame, 4 orders were placed – 4 20” rolls, 2 24” rolls and 4 36” rolls. Two rolls, which were ADS, were returned for credit. The first 5 rolls were ADC, our Lifetime/No Color Change Warranty, High Performance Charcoal. Of the 4 orders placed, 3 rolls were ADS, our non-reflective, proprietary construction, Lifetime/No Color Change Warranty. ADS & ADC are priced the same.

My company ships a tremendous amount of this material across the US on a weekly basis. With this said, if I had a problem, more than 1 person would be making the same comments. As I read through the thread I counted many others stating they liked our products. This customer is located in a rather remote part of the US. I do not currently have a sales rep there. The reason for my call to him was to offer to fly one of my sales reps with a lot of installation training experience to visit him. And if he is reading this thread, my offer is open if you choose to accept it. I do not know what took place in his shop. I do know that the film that he returned was given to a local shop to install and report back to us their findings. They installed the film and sold it with zero complaints. I think that is all that needs to be said.

I want to discuss the products and explain some of the characteristics he experienced. We use a PS adhesive that is not used by any other manufacturer. The ADS construction is also unique. The PS adhesive has a super high temperature rating greatly increasing the longevity of the adhesive. It has characteristics that in the opinion of our manufacturing team make it the absolute best choice. This adhesive does react to the raw material used in the ADS. After the initial first pass of the squeegee, a slight haze does appear. We obviously are aware of it. We have measured the amount of time it takes for the haze to completely dissipate. In the absolute worst conditions – heavy soap solution, cold temperatures and leaving water behind – the maximum is 30 minutes. Typically, it is 10 to 15 minutes. When the haze is gone, the film is tightly secured to the glass surface. I have discussed this with the adhesive manufacturer and it is simply due to the raw material we use for the ADS. The product is a superior, non-reflective product. If I believed it was anything other than that, I would change the construction. I also did have an issue with our high performance line AND/ADC with curl. It was not in every roll and was isolated to 1 specific production run. If there was a bad roll found by a customer, we replaced it. The curl was not as described above. We videotaped installations in our training bay using the worst rolls returned. The bottom edge would lift off the cutting glass when the liner was removed 1-2 inches. Once the film was picked up to place on the window, it was not noticeable.

I would like to discuss Ricky Parker, my distribution sales manager. Ricky is 28 years old, has been with my company for 5+ years and has become a very good installer of both window film (flat and auto) and paint protection film. He spent many weekends working with local shops to better himself so he could teach others the trade. In my Atlanta office, I have a very nice training bay. Many times, Ricky will install film on new cars to get the details down so he can pass this information along to our distribution customers. I know of no other manufacturer that goes through this process in-house to be able to offer the assistance we do. I am not saying it does not exist, but I am not aware of it.

I want to give my professional opinion regarding TintDude. My sales philosophy has always been to sell on the positive attributes of my products and let the negative attributes of my competition speak for themselves. This site is a great resource, but don’t hide behind it. I have seen too many times when it is used in a negative, unprofessional way. It is simply not necessary. I have an open door policy. Pick up the phone. Send me an email. I will answer any question to the best of my ability. I do not claim to have the perfect film. I am new and I usually get treated as such. However I have a very broad, working knowledge of window film. I know how most are made, not from talking about them, but from being involved in the manufacturing process. My company is not accurately described in the post above. While I take great offense to such allegations, I keep my emotions in check and try to use logic and reason to solve the problem.

Feel free to contact me or anyone else in my company. Again, my office line is 1.800.438.8468, my email is bedwards@aegisfilms.com.

Guest haroldshouseoftint

:gayfight GREAT POST

I had ZERO issues with the sample film I was sent out, it's a very nice looking film, and easy to work with.

aegispresident I go through the same thing here in town, having my mfg. give me rolls, to see what the problem is, and I think I can count on one hand of all the rolls I've tested, that actually had problems. :spit

I want to give my professional opinion regarding TintDude. My sales philosophy has always been to sell on the positive attributes of my products and let the negative attributes of my competition speak for themselves. This site is a great resource, but don’t hide behind it. I have seen too many times when it is used in a negative, unprofessional way. It is simply not necessary.

Excuse me? I've never used your film, therefore have never commented on your film, negatively or unprofessionally, I don't hide behind anything and can be contacted quite readily.

Excuse me? I've never used your film, therefore have never commented on your film, negatively or unprofessionally, I don't hide behind anything and can be contacted quite readily.

Bossdude, I think he's talking about the site itself. Not you personally :gayfight

Guest aegispresident

My statement read “This site is a great resource, but don’t hide behind it. I have seen too many times when it is used in a negative, unprofessional way. It is simply not necessary.” The comment was not directed to the site itself or the administrator. As I said, I believe the site is a great resource. I agree with you and I am not in any way trying to paint the whole site "negative and unprofessional".

Guest aegispresident
Thanks for the clearing that up :gayfight

I hope my clarification eased your concern. I am a big believer in TintDude. But, I am not able to spend the amount of time on the site to know when a really negative comment is made. The point I was trying to make was that sharing your thoughts with your fellow peers is great, but keep it professional. I just wish installers would call our office or their sales rep to voice their opinion so we/I can do something about it. I absolutely hate having to communicate with a customer (current or ex) through TintDude. Why anyone is unwilling to speak to me when all I want to do is right the wrong is always surprising.

Don't count me in that group. I with you. Keep it rolling.

I hope my clarification eased your concern. I am a big believer in TintDude. But, I am not able to spend the amount of time on the site to know when a really negative comment is made. The point I was trying to make was that sharing your thoughts with your fellow peers is great, but keep it professional. I just wish installers would call our office or their sales rep to voice their opinion so we/I can do something about it. I absolutely hate having to communicate with a customer (current or ex) through TintDude. Why anyone is unwilling to speak to me when all I want to do is right the wrong is always surprising.

Don't count me in that group. I with you. Keep it rolling.

YOur one of a few that are that way dude. Most of the time when theres a problem for us tinters, its the other end thats avoiding the problems.

Talked to Ricky the other day. good luck with your business :gayfight

Archived