Aegis Window Film

Guest airgame12

Guest 80'sHippie

Yes Aegis has called my shop twice. I'm not sure why he didn't talk to me when I was having the problems. Ricky said he was talking to the "president" about it all along. Ricky also told me when he was going to send me the replacement film that normally you charge for it and then credit back, but "he" was going to make an exception. Maybe "he" did, but our card was charged for it that same day, and weeks after the other film was returned we had to keep calling you to get the now "partial" credit back.

"I do know that the film that he returned was given to a local shop to install and report back to us their findings."

-Ricky said he used up the film himself. Does Ricky now work out of this area too?

"I just wish installers would call our office or their sales rep to voice their opinion so we/I can do something about it. I absolutely hate having to communicate with a customer (current or ex) through TintDude."

-Don't claim now that you care so much. Of the calls I made to you during that time, you never had an interest in talking to me. But you sure do now. Don't wait for my call back. I'm the "President" of my company too, so I'm too busy to talk to you.

As far as hiding behind the site, nope. I simply come on here for information and different prospectives, and it's been great. I never linger or post much on any site as I have done that in years past and it takes up a lot of time. Someone asked about Aegis, and I shared my experience. I really liked that film, but after being told it was my fault it was peeling off the windows, along with the runaround with our credit card, I will no longer use your film, and have switched to Suntek. We offer 4 different automotive services at my 4 bay shop as well as towing, and I've was the only tinter in my hometown starting at age 15. I can't describe what it's like to pull a car in and start tinting it like every other car I've ever done and then watch the tint peel off. And then the next car, and the next. I wished I'd had a video camera on them to show everyone. We switched solutions, bottles, cleaners, and even tried wetting the edges with pure water. It was chaos, and you were no help then, so don't blow smoke up everyone's a$$ now. Now we've switched films and SURPRISE! life is back to normal. No more wasting a whole day running out to the car every 5 minutes to squeeze the tint back on and stalling the customer to make sure it's going to stay. I rescheduled the gal whose tint was falling off as we were standing by her car. She never came back, and I'm sure spread the word around our 10k student campus that we sucked. Before this I never had a come back, and in fact see the cars I've tinted all the time in our "remote area", even one of my own from back in high school 18 years ago.

The reason I come to this sight is because it is where you can get the real scoop on products by real tinters. If I wanted fluff, I'd just believe everything the tint company's site, or their Presidents, said.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West

It would appear that they are gonna "inherit" more than a few custys, in all probability myself included. I got a car film sample from them a while back and really liked the color and it's shrinkability. Haven't bought from them as yet due to loyalty to SunGard. I am sure that this is not the way they wanted to get customers, but it's business and we all gotta get film from somewhere. I have a very renewed interest in them and SunTek. Hows thier flat glass line? :thumb:thumb

Guest aegispresident
It would appear that they are gonna "inherit" more than a few custys, in all probability myself included. I got a car film sample from them a while back and really liked the color and it's shrinkability. Haven't bought from them as yet due to loyalty to SunGard. I am sure that this is not the way they wanted to get customers, but it's business and we all gotta get film from somewhere. I have a very renewed interest in them and SunTek. Hows thier flat glass line? :thumb:thumb

Did you receive a product swatch with your auto samples? Our flat glass is all dry adhesive.

Archived