TR5 Steam Cleaner?

Guest Cpig

Has anyone been using one of these or something similar that can give me some recommendations?

I know from a previous post that Speed has one - I tried to PM him but I am unable to?

So Speed or anyone, how is it for PPF application, general cleaning, reliability, etc...?

Thanks

25 to PM not 50, it's 50 to get into the foobar. :lol6

Well, hopefully Speed will see this post before I get to 25. If not it may take me about a year to get a PM to him - I don't post often.

Well, hopefully Speed will see this post before I get to 25. If not it may take me about a year to get a PM to him - I don't post often.
Well post more often then. :lol6 Nobody's gonna bite ya. :lol2

Alright, maybe 237, but he's just a little dude, and you don't really need your shin for anything. :lol2:lol2

:lol2 to the board mang. :lol2

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Well post more often then. :dunno Nobody's gonna bite ya. :dunno

Alright, maybe 237, but he's just a little dude, and you don't really need your shin for anything. :DD:dunno

:ninja to the board mang. :beer

:duck ya ya ya :spit

I've got about 4 of them and they get used on every install. Even if you don't "need" it as far as installing the film, its very useful for prepping the car if nothing else. Tar comes off in seconds without touching the car, same with bugs and baked on road grime. Even if the car is brand new, it will still have some grit somewhere between the grill and bumper, behind the lights and so on. Anyone ever have a piece of sand get flushed out behind a blinker and end up under the film?

Once I prep the car with the steamer, I heat up my solution bottles with it, really nice to have warm water to work with especially in the winter.

As far as using it during the install, where ever you'd use a heat gun, use the steamer instead. It will nail down fingers and won't distort the edges or the adhesive like a heat gun can. The TR5 has an adjustable pressure knob and you can actually get the film to lay down without a squeegee in hard to reach places, and get it to stick in deep valleys or hard contours.

Once you think you are done, go around the edges again with the steamer and any that are not completely down will fog up making them easy to spot and attend to.

post-728-1196082006.jpg

Speed,

Thanks for the answers. I will be getting a steam cleaner but I just have to narrow it down between the TR5, Daimer Kleenjet 175, and the Reliable T630. I'm leaning toward the TR5; are you satisfied with the quality and would you recommend the TR5?

Archived