99 ELDORADO

Guest Custom Tints & Graphics

Guest BlownR1

I been laying down film 3 years, not trying to make it a profession. just a hobby :lol when you say just push them into little ones can you be more specific, with my hands, a bondo blade, papertowel ? do you recomend baby powder, dry? :hide any suggestions would be great!

I have learned alot from just reading this forum I belong to a couple of motorcycle forums with my 00 R1 but this is the first window tint forum and so far very impressed :lol

thanks for the quick response reddot.

Blown R1

I tried t put a pic in its telling me "you cannot upload this type of file" :angel

what the heck does that mean?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Custom Tints & Graphics

Hi All,I'm having a problem shrinking this back glass w/centaur 28% on 99'el dorado. I tried wet & the bounce with anchor ways on 2 seperate pcs. I got the top done fine, But I keep baking the bottom. Also when I go to install I can't squegee the bottom well. I use a conquerer. I did remove the backlite, do I need to remove the deck carpet? How?

Guest FastBackJack

As far as the rear deck goes, it depends whether or not the deck is touching the glass. I have had to take a few apart, but normally it isnt a problem. Taking these apart can take a while if youre not used to dismantling vehicles.

When molding just take your time. Try low heat. Try to seperate your fingers into smaller, easier, flatter, more managable sections. If you start to overheat in one area, go to another area, then come back.

When squeej'n the bottom you can use a few different things. Long blue turbo, 12" white card, Side Swiper, Conquerer, etc. Youre using the conquerer, that to me would be too short to reach back there sufficiently. Try the Side Swiper, or 12" white card.

Hope that helps :lol6

Guest blackedoutcaddy

I have a 1993 Eldorado that is my daily driver, when I tinted it I removed the rear deck cover and stop lamp. You gotta remove the backseat to get at the fasteners for the rear deck cover. :lol6

Archived