California tint law... Cut out brakelight?

Guest whatever12

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest whatever12

haha I like the cyclops comparrison. Im actually kind glad the lint is stuck in the tint because it did kinda look ugly with the brakelight cut out.

Hopefully the guy can put it on clean this time, or I might just suck up the 100 dollars and take it elsewhere.

Guest whatever12

oh, I forgot to add. How hard is it to take that tint of a window with defrosters? Do you have to use a steam machine or should I let himdo it carefull with a razorblade.

Guest whatever12

Im not giving the tinter a hard time, but even where he did cut out the brakelight you can still see light through it, and there are about 50-100 pencil mark size holes in my tint of the rear window.

Its unnacceptable and if he dosent re-do it for 10-15 dollars im taking it to a shop, and never giving him buisness again.

no anything trapped between the tint will not disapear.

I don't know about Cali, I'm in AZ and as long as you can still see the light from behind the film, it's legal, in Texas, you have to cut it out.

CHP would be able to tell you, give em a call :thumb

BTW :poke to the board :lol6

:spit Harold, I wish I could find out for sure. Ask 2 different cops or dmv you get 3 different answers :rollin

Guest whatever12

The car has been in a minor fender bender but no there not weld pits, I can see the white pieces of lint causing bubbles.

If this guy dosent call me back im taking it to the shop down the street where they wanted to charge me 175 bucks and the one job ive seen them do looked perfect.

Guest whatever12
The car has been in a minor fender bender but no there not weld pits, I can see the white pieces of lint causing bubbles.

If this guy dosent call me back im taking it to the shop down the street where they wanted to charge me 175 bucks and the one job ive seen them do looked perfect.

also if I have to take it to the shop im getting something ligher than 20% mabey 35... I dont know how you can even see out of that 5% crap. By the way dont cut out your brakelight unless you have to... It looks ugly.

Archived