California tint law... Cut out brakelight?

Guest whatever12

Guest whatever12

Hopefully thats not the case, but if so... I guess im willing to spend 250-275 for a tint in the end of it all. Pretty sad spendin 250-275 for darker windows.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:gasp

Someone who knows more about cars than me told me if you have the third brake light behind your rear glass that you have to cut out a insert for the brakelight.

Is it true that in cali that you cant cover your brakelight with tint?

I just dont wanna get pulled over for tint unless my front windows are blacked out.

Thanks experts.

:beer well to each his own right...........my bro is a cop and ive asked him about that third brake light issue.

he tells me as long as you can still see the light when the brakes are applied.

well that leads me to belive that as long as you can see (any) light come through its ok....just my :lol in this

Guest Key West
%&$# all chp offices are closed for MLK day. Im sure the cops are still out there but people answering questions are at home.

Don't ask a cop!!! Believe it or not, they RARELY know the law. Only what they are told to be enforcing that day. I'll say it AGAIN. READ THE STATUTE!!! If it's illegal to cover the brakelight, it WILL state specifically in the statute.

Alright then, thats enough for me.

When the tinter comes back out to do my back window im not gonna have him cut out for the 3rd brakelight. (lint trapped, he used a cheap towell to clean) .

Hopefully its powerful enough to see from 500 ft even with 80%blocking tint. Ive seen beemers and mercedes with the brakelight covered but their 3rdbrakelight is pretty damn bright even through the tint.

When the tinter comes back? Was he/she mobile? No offense to any mobile tinters out there, but unless dude had IDEAL conditions, you're gonna have to live with what you get. Also, be prepared to pay extra for rear deck removal. If they come out easy, I don't charge, but if it takes more than unclipping, I charge extra. (Only reasonable, it IS more work) As for visibility, no problem. It'll shine thru.

oh, I forgot to add. How hard is it to take that tint of a window with defrosters? Do you have to use a steam machine or should I let himdo it carefull with a razorblade.

I tell everybody to leave it with me for the day, and to be open to the idea that it might take overnight. I NEVER guarantee the defroster under ANY circumstances.

the car's 10 years old. don't give the tinter such a hard time. maybe your car's dirty. lint happens, the world's an imperfect place. :thumb

Another poignant post from the Blade!!!

The car has been in a minor fender bender but no there not weld pits, I can see the white pieces of lint causing bubbles.

If this guy dosent call me back im taking it to the shop down the street where they wanted to charge me 175 bucks and the one job ive seen them do looked perfect.

Unless you are the original owner, you cannot POSSIBLY KNOW for certain if it had slag. Even then, unless it was HORRIBLY bad, you wouldn't see it until you tinted it.

Just out of curiousity........Were you shopping for the lowest price? (I believe I already know the answer.)

Hopefully thats not the case, but if so... I guess im willing to spend 250-275 for a tint in the end of it all. Pretty sad spendin 250-275 for darker windows.

Sounds like taking it to the "OTHER" more expensive shop would be the less aggravating choice. And I hope they soak ya to strip the old off! Dude, I was feeling kinda bad for you, but it would seem that you got exacty what you paid for. Deducing from the fact that the "other" shop wants to charge you 175, and you are bitching about 275 for darker windows, looks like you went for the old $99 tint job. STOOPID is as stoopid does. Going for the cheapest price and expecting premium results? Are you really that naive?

Try pricing "factory" darker windows. For your car, they don't exist. So if you want darker windows, you are stuck with tint. Dude, $275 for a GOOD tint job is NOT a shame or sad. Thats around "Middle of the road " pricing around my area. You got ALOT of ballz coming on this site asking us questions and then tell us that what we do for a living isn't worth much!! :thumb:rollin:thumb You cannot get Dom Perignon for the same price as Busch beer. Stay within your budget. A good tint job isn't too expensive, you just can't afford one.

Guest Texstar
Don't ask a cop!!! Believe it or not, they RARELY know the law. Only what they are told to be enforcing that day. I'll say it AGAIN. READ THE STATUTE!!! If it's illegal to cover the brakelight, it WILL state specifically in the statute.

When the tinter comes back? Was he/she mobile? No offense to any mobile tinters out there, but unless dude had IDEAL conditions, you're gonna have to live with what you get. Also, be prepared to pay extra for rear deck removal. If they come out easy, I don't charge, but if it takes more than unclipping, I charge extra. (Only reasonable, it IS more work) As for visibility, no problem. It'll shine thru.

I tell everybody to leave it with me for the day, and to be open to the idea that it might take overnight. I NEVER guarantee the defroster under ANY circumstances.

Another poignant post from the Blade!!!

Unless you are the original owner, you cannot POSSIBLY KNOW for certain if it had slag. Even then, unless it was HORRIBLY bad, you wouldn't see it until you tinted it.

Just out of curiousity........Were you shopping for the lowest price? (I believe I already know the answer.)

Sounds like taking it to the "OTHER" more expensive shop would be the less aggravating choice. And I hope they soak ya to strip the old off! Dude, I was feeling kinda bad for you, but it would seem that you got exacty what you paid for. Deducing from the fact that the "other" shop wants to charge you 175, and you are bitching about 275 for darker windows, looks like you went for the old $99 tint job. STOOPID is as stoopid does. Going for the cheapest price and expecting premium results? Are you really that naive?

Try pricing "factory" darker windows. For your car, they don't exist. So if you want darker windows, you are stuck with tint. Dude, $275 for a GOOD tint job is NOT a shame or sad. Thats around "Middle of the road " pricing around my area. You got ALOT of ballz coming on this site asking us questions and then tell us that what we do for a living isn't worth much!! :evilgrin:eyebrows:spit You cannot get Dom Perignon for the same price as Busch beer. Stay within your budget. A good tint job isn't too expensive, you just can't afford one.

Man, you need to get on some type of medication. You let way to much stuff get to you around here. Breath

Guest Key West
Man, you need to get on some type of medication. You let way to much stuff get to you around here. Breath

I've been told that once or a dozen times. :eyebrows It does p1ss me off tho.........

I've been told that once or a dozen times. :eyebrows It does p1ss me off tho.........

KW is like a thorough bred horse, he's a bit high strung always ready to jump out of the starting gate at full throttle and give it all he's got and finish the race!! :spit

That's high strung not well hung guys, :evilgrin ..............high strung, bold, spirited, gutsy, cheeky..........

Guest Key West
KW is like a thorough bred horse, he's a bit high strung always ready to jump out of the starting gate at full throttle and give it all he's got and finish the race!! :eyebrows

That's high strung not well hung guys, :lol ..............high strung, bold, spirited, gutsy, cheeky..........

Golly gee willikers, M. THANX A BUNCH for clarifying THAT!!! :spit:nope

Archived