2 in one week

:poke never had a film that doesnt lay down after shrinking......but I want to see some pics of some ones that dryed perfectly with no glue, alcohol solution or anything else :lol

Well we did have heat lamps on the backglass for some time and it still looks great so far. And technically he did do something to the matrix after we removed the GARD we scrubbed the glass. :lol But we did not sand or use any additional chemicals. I will make it a point to get a picture tomorrow before I leave it will be a little more than 24 hours after completion at that time :lol Also it about 20-25 degrees here now so wouldnt that "show" more imperfections?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well we did have heat lamps on the backglass for some time and it still looks great so far. And technically he did do something to the matrix after we removed the GARD we scrubbed the glass. :lol But we did not sand or use any additional chemicals. I will make it a point to get a picture tomorrow before I leave it will be a little more than 24 hours after completion at that time :lol Also it about 20-25 degrees here now so wouldnt that "show" more imperfections?

fair enough :lol

I would just love to know of a film that drys perfectly on the dot matrix without doing anything but laying it down :poke

dots on my cavy were laying down great with the Sungard Slate. It was starting to have adhesive failure on them and other places is why it was removed. All I did on the Slate was to clean with 0000 Steel wool and wipe with Pro-bond. No pulling the film and "drop dry" or anything. Just a good even shrink with a tight tug on the "tabs"......

Some dots will never lay right, but most will lay great. The smother the shrink the better the laying also.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Funny how the global lays down perfect on the dots for you guys and no one else :poke

not paticularly global, but when you have a film that pulls leaving no adhesive behind, and lay new film on, no matter what brand, it usually lays well on the dots, my :lol from my experiance, which aparently isn't much :lol

:lol:lol:lol2

Guest tinterjim
not paticularly global, but when you have a film that pulls leaving no adhesive behind, and lay new film on, no matter what brand, it usually lays well on the dots

I was going to same the same thing. Crapaliers and mustangs seem to lay better the second time around. :poke

it's not the film or any special technique or application. sometimes we get lucky. you guys have never done a car with matrix that for some damn reason layed down fine without doing anything? :poke it happens. line up 20 different cavaliers and the matrix is gonna look different on each one. a quite possibly one of them is gonna look great. the thickness of the dots varies on every one of them. and that's what's gonna change the way the film lays down.

it's not the film or any special technique or application. sometimes we get lucky. you guys have never done a car with matrix that for some damn reason layed down fine without doing anything? :poke it happens. line up 20 different cavaliers and the matrix is gonna look different on each one. a quite possibly one of them is gonna look great. the thickness of the dots varies on every one of them. and that's what's gonna change the way the film lays down.

Yep, cut 20 door patterns on that one Cavalier and tint 20 other Cavaliers and everyone will fit a little different! Notice I said (little) because in the dot matrix world a little goes a long way ( In aggravation)! :lol

Archived