2 in one week

it's not the film or any special technique or application. sometimes we get lucky. you guys have never done a car with matrix that for some damn reason layed down fine without doing anything? :poke it happens. line up 20 different cavaliers and the matrix is gonna look different on each one. a quite possibly one of them is gonna look great. the thickness of the dots varies on every one of them. and that's what's gonna change the way the film lays down.

Agree, nope Ive never been lucky enough to have a dot matrix lay down perfect :lol

And I have no idea how dots stick the second time around, Ive never re-done a back window with dot matrix :lol

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West
Beleive it when I see it

Funny how the global lays down perfect on the dots for you guys and no one else :lol

I guess "perfect" is a subjective thing. Depends on your definition. :lol

it's not the film or any special technique or application. sometimes we get lucky. you guys have never done a car with matrix that for some damn reason layed down fine without doing anything? :poke it happens. line up 20 different cavaliers and the matrix is gonna look different on each one. a quite possibly one of them is gonna look great. the thickness of the dots varies on every one of them. and that's what's gonna change the way the film lays down.

There is no rhyme or reason for it. I have had it lay "REALLY WELL" (never perfect) and then I've had it look like :lol (most of the time). :lol:lol

For the most part, you have to fill the voids between the film, dots, and glass with something thats gonna dry clear. I am thinking about trying sodium silicate (water glass). Don't know if it will work for sure, but it should. or some acrylic to build the dots up smooth.

I guess "perfect" is a subjective thing. Depends on your definition. :lol

ANSWER inside your quote : dude perfect mean perfect....no flaws and no silverish whitey patches anywhere. Never seen it on dot matrix without one of the techniques used by different tinters on this board :lol

There is no rhyme or reason for it. I have had it lay "REALLY WELL" (never perfect) and then I've had it look like :lol (most of the time). :lol:poke

For the most part, you have to fill the voids between the film, dots, and glass with something thats gonna dry clear. I am thinking about trying sodium silicate (water glass). Don't know if it will work for sure, but it should. or some acrylic to build the dots up smooth.

:lol

I know that I have had really great results with dot matrix. I fully believe it is more about the shrink of the film than anything to do with treatment.

Now I have had some that will not lay good no matter what, but 95% of them lay down beautifully.

My Cavalier was great from day one. I have had good results on all cavaliers.....mustangs depend on if they are cleaner or just dirt messes.

well, today the dots are a bit "white" and I know it is the water is yet to dry out. I will give it a few weeks to dry out then push them. It has been below freezing every since we did the job.....

well, today the dots are a bit "white" and I know it is the water is yet to dry out. I will give it a few weeks to dry out then push them. It has been below freezing every since we did the job.....

hmmmmmm, then check it again 2 weeks after that? Like I said Ive never seen perfect dots without some type of prep or solution.

I cant wait till the day some tinter or manu figures it out :rollin

I cant wait till the day some tinter or manu figures it out :rollin
For the most part, you have to fill the voids between the film, dots, and glass with something thats gonna dry clear.

I think Key about sums it up there. :rollin

It would be nice if there were a film that was constructed like vinyl for this situation. :rollin

Archived