Flat glass jobs - how much film do you REALLY need

If you want to be serious about this, you have to keep some stock.

G'day Roach,

Plan on buying a 36" 48" and a 60" of the most common type of film you intend to start flogging. It works well for me and the moment a roll starts getting down, order a replacement. Screw this getting it pre-cut for the time being until you are totally proficient with the fitting of flat. It's too much pressure on you to do it always 100% with a film backup.

devil

Most sliders I see are about 33", perfect for a 36" roll

Doh!! I didn't even think of that. Of course that's the better roll to have when doing sliders. At the shop I work at all we use are 72" rolls for everything, so I'm not used to having other sizes available for use.

It's funny.. we have SO many boxes of 72" with just scraps in them that just keep on collecting and collecting. I'd bet if we had smaller boxes, we wouldn't have nearly as many 'scaps'...

Anyone wanna buy a box of scaps?!?! :bingo

scraps are good if they are labeled and kept in a core. I keep all my leftovers and put in cores, use a sharpie and label the core, it's like putting your change in a piggy bank.

Guest mosolarpro

I use 72 , you can cut it in half and get the sliding doors out of them to with out using a 36 and I alway do as sl*t says linear ft and cut different windows at once out of the box of 72 that way the scrap usually goes else were in the house and I always have a full one and the open one and take both to the job so as to never get stuck and it seems the cust always wants to add just a few more over the estimate anyways

It's funny.. we have SO many boxes of 72" with just scraps in them that just keep on collecting and collecting. I'd bet if we had smaller boxes, we wouldn't have nearly as many 'scaps'...

Anyone wanna buy a box of scaps?!?!  :rollin

remember me saying constantley. that rob was wasting his money with only. ordering the 72 inch rolls. now you see what I mean when you have to pay for the film

remember me saying constantley. that rob was wasting his money with only. ordering the 72 inch rolls. now you see what I mean when you have to pay for the film

Actually I don't remember... :lol:lol:lol

But yes.. I'm surprised at just about everything he does. Even more so now that I'm doing it on my own.

RoAcH

Archived