New products at Sema

Guest expertint

I may be alone on this ,but it's just my opinion...not like it can change technology, but I hope 2 way shrinking flops...the easier you make tinting a back window...the more the industry for auto tinting is going to be whored out...after all , there's a knack t oshrinking as it is...it's that knack that keeps even more hackers out of it :lol

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OT,

I figure you'd be a shoe in for this stuff.  Anybody that lives up North in Icy conditions or anyone who lives in a coastal area could stand to benefit from this product.

I've talked to many people that come from Illinois and Wisconsin and the like and the underside of the body gets exposed to salts that are designed to melt the ice on the road during the winter.  I would imagine this stuff would help fight rusting and corrosion.  Am I on the right track with this TintMeister?

I can't see us sunny inlanders benefitting that much though.  :lol

OK, You convinced me, I'll try it. :lol But ya only live once, why not? :lol

I'd do it today instead of tint...cause today I'd rather be outside a car earning money. :lol

I may be alone on this ,but it's just my opinion...not like it can change technology, but I hope 2 way shrinking flops...the easier you make tinting a back window...the more the industry for auto tinting is going to be whored out...after all , there's a knack t oshrinking as it is...it's that knack that keeps even more hackers out of it  :shock

Ah yes, but what really got me at the show was the Madico reps. I have been tinting and shrinking for many years. I just want to find ways to lower my cost of purchasing film, and they're trying to sell me pre-cut/pre-shrunk film. I have been using a couple of their films (tint), but I am seriously thinking of changing because of that fact alone.

Guest TintMiester

How can buying pre-cut, pre-shrunk film save you money? Seems your overhead would go up, and you would have to rely on someone else to do a good cut-out.. (Never happen) and trust someone else to shrink it correctly.. (Never happen, because not all windows require the same amount of shrinking, even the same year/make of a car) Besides, you are then paying $$ for the extra work that goes into your product.. I'd be bummed to get a back window all installed, and find out that it had a crease that the original handlers put in there.. There you go.

Anyways, I do kind'a like the Madico for doing extra difficult heat shrinks.

No, you read me wrong. I know that would be totally more expensive. I am ticked off that they are marketing this stuff. I totally agree with TW, but you think that dual direction shrinking will add hackers to the profession, this crap will add even more.

Archived