Cutting back??

Guest tallscott

Been sitting on 86 VW golf for six years! Keeping it runnning, parked in the back yard! Now I'm parking the F150 and driving the VW! I love that little thing!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we all may make some price increases to cover the high cost of gas. Never thought I would see the day it got up to $3.45 a gallon. I sharted myself when I drove by the gas stations today. I just paid $2.93 two days ago. There is no excuse for such extreme fluctuations in gas prices...

Yeah well... the reasons they give for the increase is crap. The whole thing is a joke..

They are saying supplies are fine.. so hopefully with the higher price, supplies will continue to just increase due to people not driving as much. But even with that, they said prices aren't heading down any time soon. :(

Guest darkdan

That's why I bought my aspire 5 years ago. I knew it was coming eventually.

I'm not really cutting back much. I'm still spending $50 to $60 a week on steak. My new HDTV will be here Sunday.

Although, I did switch from $45 a week Jack Daniel habit to $18 a week Kessler......

Heck, I just ordered a 20" roll of HP Charcoal instead of QDP! I'm a big spender! I keep the economy going.

Let's not forget I just finally got health insurance last week! Plus I started my IRA late last year.

See! Living in the basement has it's advantages.

That's why I bought my aspire 5 years ago. I knew it was coming eventually.

I'm not really cutting back much. I'm still spending $50 to $60 a week on steak. My new HDTV will be here Sunday.

Although, I did switch from $45 a week Jack Daniel habit to $18 a week Kessler......

Heck, I just ordered a 20" roll of HP Charcoal instead of QDP! I'm a big spender! I keep the economy going.

Let's not forget I just finally got health insurance last week! Plus I started my IRA late last year.

See! Living in the basement has it's advantages.

Personally I prefer the 3 cylinder Geo Metro.

:thumb:thumb

Guest darkdan

Hey, in 5 years it has saved me close to $9000 in gas. Not bad for a $500 car that I might have put about $2000 into over 5 years (tires, tuneup, suspension, etc).

And I can fit all my tools, four 72" boxes of film, and my LG-knockoff ladder in! =)

Guest accurate
Been sitting on 86 VW golf for six years! Keeping it runnning, parked in the back yard! Now I'm parking the F150 and driving the VW! I love that little thing!!

:twocents

Guest willie
Hey, in 5 years it has saved me close to $9000 in gas. Not bad for a $500 car that I might have put about $2000 into over 5 years (tires, tuneup, suspension, etc).

And I can fit all my tools, four 72" boxes of film, and my LG-knockoff ladder in! =)

this post is worthless without pics :twocents

Archived