Customers who don't have a watch

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JUSTIN
MAn I just love custys who have a set appointment and show up 2 hours late and expect you to pull them in front of customers who MADE their appointment then want to get mad and cuss out the help .

Sounds like a really self absorbed person that thinks the world revolves around them, and when they can't follow a schedule...everyone else has to pick up the pieces...

I'd just hand the keys back to them and send them out the door...

Okay, here's my LONG story. PLEASE READ...

Customer, we'll call him "Chuck", calls and makes and appointment, shows up for the appointment, things go well. VEHICLE 1

A few months later, he calls to schedule his mom's car. makes appointment, NO SHOW.

calls a few months later, and Chuck wants another car tinted. NO SHOW

calls back a few weeks later, reschedule, SHOWS UP. VEHICLE 2

Chuck's sister calls, makes appointment, NO SHOW.

Sister reschedules, SHOWS UP.

Chuck calls a few months later, makes appointment, NO SHOW

calls a few weeks later, makes appointment, SHOWS UP. VEHICLE 3

a few months later, Chuck's friend calls, makes appointment, NO SHOW.

a few months later, another friend of Chuck calls, makes appointment, SHOWS UP

a few months later, Chucks friend's son calls, wants car tinted TODAY, (I can't do it,) says, "I'll take it to Ziebart, sorry," I say, "don't be sorry," and hang up on him.

A couple of weeks later, the son calls, says, "I took my last vehicle to Ziebart" (which I knew) makes appointment, NO SHOW.

I AM SICK OF CHUCK AND HIS FRIENDS/FAMILY. If they call, and I know it's one of them, I'll tell them I'm not available for 6 months. :nono

Guest willie
Okay, here's my LONG story. PLEASE READ...

Customer, we'll call him "Chuck", calls and makes and appointment, shows up for the appointment, things go well. VEHICLE 1

A few months later, he calls to schedule his mom's car. makes appointment, NO SHOW.

calls a few months later, and Chuck wants another car tinted. NO SHOW

calls back a few weeks later, reschedule, SHOWS UP. VEHICLE 2

Chuck's sister calls, makes appointment, NO SHOW.

Sister reschedules, SHOWS UP.

Chuck calls a few months later, makes appointment, NO SHOW

calls a few weeks later, makes appointment, SHOWS UP. VEHICLE 3

a few months later, Chuck's friend calls, makes appointment, NO SHOW.

a few months later, another friend of Chuck calls, makes appointment, SHOWS UP

a few months later, Chucks friend's son calls, wants car tinted TODAY, (I can't do it,) says, "I'll take it to Ziebart, sorry," I say, "don't be sorry," and hang up on him.

A couple of weeks later, the son calls, says, "I took my last vehicle to Ziebart" (which I knew) makes appointment, NO SHOW.

I AM SICK OF CHUCK AND HIS FRIENDS/FAMILY. If they call, and I know it's one of them, I'll tell them I'm not available for 6 months. :nono

I use the booked solid for a month excuse almost everyday :nono

Guest Key West
happend so much around here that we dont take appointments any more. if u cant wait, drop it off. if u dont have a ride, well I guess u gonne be waiting. when someone ask about an appointment, we just say be here a 9am and we ll call u when its done. that way, u never have no one waiting and lurking over your shoulder.

EXACTLY!!! No timed appointments here. You get an appointment for 9:00 the morning on the day we choose. Everyone shows at 9, and I call them when done. That way, I know who my no shows are and can take in a walk-in if I want.

Also, no-shows pay a non-refundable 50% deposit for the second appointment.

Man Willie around here the dealers want it yesterday and for free . We have 1 dealer we service but we are covered up with retail so dealer work isn't a good idea for us so I send them to a good frined who has another rertail shop to help him out

Willie is special!! He has found the "Holy Grail" of dealership accounts!!! I heard that one time he submitted them a bill for a car, and they told him that it wasn't enough, so they paid him double!!! Just 'cuz they liked him!!! :dunno:dunno

we give 30 minutes after that, you get rescheduled. we even have that written on the back of our cards. another one I hate is when they leave it and ask how long. you say about 2 hours and they call in an hour wanting to know if you have there car done.

Had one of MY dealerships call and needed a car done ASAP. I tell them sure, bring it. I hang up, and no more than 15 min later, the sales manager is on the phone asking if they can pick up the car yet. :evilgrin (Uh, Dude, it aint even HERE yet!!)

we get the ones that never show up to get thier car. this happens not too often, but it has a few times in the last year. 6pm rolls around and the customer wont answer the phone and is no where to be found.

I always pray that happens on Friday. I close at 6, and at 6:01 I'm gone. If they were late, car gets locked up for the week-end. Had a guy who had to ahve his car done that morning. I tell him 2 hours, and bump him ahead of a car I had all day. Dude calls THREE times in an hour and a half, asking if it was done. At 11:30, I call him to tell him it's done. No answer. Numerous call thru out they day go unanswered. 6:00 rolls around, no dude, so car gets locked in the bay.

7:00, I get a call from him saying that he's going out of town, and needs his car. I tell him that I am eating dinner, and that bad planning on his part does NOT constitute an emerency on MY part. Upshot is, Dude paid a C note for me to come open the shop and give him his car.

My time at work is worth $XX.XX dollars. My time off is worth WAAY more!!

Guest Texstar
Here if they are over 30 minutes late we tell them they will have to reschedule.

95% of your customers are either early or right on time. Its not really a big problem here.

Most of ours are early

If we want to start on them at 9 we schedule them for 8:30

If the car is not picked up by closing time, an additional storage charge will be added of $X, and the shop is NOT responsible for any damage to car once customer has been notified work is complete.

Add this in on the work order, they have to sign it before work can commence on the car.

Archived