Fumes getting to me

Guest TINTEM

MDog

I know what you mean I can't stand the fumes from any of those thing now. Sp SG or 409 they all get to my thorat too. I start coughing and can't stop for a day. It Sucks.. I started using Plain Glass Cleaner and it works good. not as good a the other but it works....

Ammonia goes straight through those filters BTW.

Actually that's what the military will do. They drop an ammonia bomb apparently, it eats the filters, then they drop the real one.

Also, once they're open they're good for 30 days sitting around in a bag or 8 hours of use. So if you used an hour a week it wouldn't even be good a whole month, but like I said, the first time you use it you are going to smell ammonia!

I wear them all the time at the day job and paints that contain ammonia just go right through it. It's horrible.

Yes, I have no doubt it certainly has contributed to your problems.

At the very least you should wear a particle mask or something (put your shirt up over your nose). Fumes are one thing, but inhaling the actual liquid spray in the air will really get you.

canyou walk on water? if so please explain. :lol2

Nope, but after spending 8 hours spraying epoxy sometimes I feel like I can.

Sure ya can Dan....let it freeze! :evileye:D:thumb

That is a good way to get cancer of the throat or nasal passages. My good friend's dad just got diagnosed with nasal cancer from his years of working as a horse trainer and cleaning up stalls and ect.. Always inhaled the fumes from horse manure and dust in the air. What happens over time is the epithelial cells in your throat and nasal passages get killed off and eventually mutated cells form and reproduce rapidly resulting in a tumor which could lead to cancer. Also be careful handling those chemical with your bare hands....basically your skin is porous and continued exposure to chemical in the blood stream can result in environmentally acquired Leukemia. Not trying to sound so dismal but trying to educate some of yah on the hazzards.

Maybe I'm extremely skeptical, but that seems like and EXTREMELY unlikely link to cancer. Does the guy smoke? is there a family history of cancer? I've not heard of people involved in animal related industries getting cancer from breathing in fumes from manure and stuff.

In fact, I did a search for cancer and manure and there are online stories saying people who breathe manure get lung cancer less than other people. :dunno I know lung cancer and nasal cancer are different, but come on, there have to be similarities.

Guest irishhanks2

MAN AMMONNA WILL KILL YOU IT BLISTER YOUR LUNGS AND WILL CAUSE PHMONA sorry didn't see caps on check my post about the awsome lot safe much easer and non staneing

He is afro american which it is more prevalent in that race. I am sure it wasnt just the manure, but other airborne irritants throughout the years. I don't think he smokes, but I am not positive. "Being exposed to certain chemicals or dust in the workplace can increase the risk of developing paranasal sinus and nasal cavity cancer"

Guest MsMarco

We use the old heat gun way to remove the film even that burns my eyes. I couldn't imagine using ammonia in a car, it feels like my lungs spasm just from smelling that stuff and being in such a small area I don't see how some of you can do it :spit

Maybe it's a temporary irritation and if you could stop using those things maybe it could clear up if not get to the doctor just in case it's something else :spit

I have a secret for back glass tint adhesive removal: spray it down w/ a can of dust off(the stuff that u use to remove dust from office equipment like keyboards).spray one section at a time to "freeze" the glue. makes it come off alot easier w/ plastic blades etc.,and has no irritation to your upper respiratory system etc. :thumb:thumb:thumb

Archived