Have tint ? need help.

Guest hometheaterman

Guest JUSTIN
I'm dumbfounded that this guy is upset that he _can_ see out of his back window. his aim was to not be able to see?

No my aim was to not to be able to see in. I like being able to see out I'm just saying you can tell how much lighter it is because of how much lighter it is looking out of it than the back sides. I would like to have it as dark as it seems on the sides and still be able to see out like it is now. Since that doesn't happen I'd rather have it look like the sides do and have it like the sides are where it's a little harder to see out of.

Originally, I thought your aim was to not see out either. Consider paying the same tint shop to redo the rear doors a lighter shade to try to get a more even appearance. I don't think you are going to achieve the same appearance you have on the side windows on the back glass b/c the factory tint is different on the back glass than it is on the side glass. Good luck :rollin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hometheaterman

If I get another layer of 5% tint put over this layer will it make it way darker than the side windows? I know a buddy has 2 layers of 5% tint on his truck but I don't think it had factory tint.

remove & replace.

the effect of tint is cumulative. you may find that darkening that back glass makes the overall darker than you expect. I tend to err on the side of safety, and I tell my customers that.

...one day it'll be raining, changing lanes, and you won't be able to see some girl on a motorcycle beside you.

Guest hometheaterman

Here is a picture of what I'm talking about you can see how much lighter the rear slider looks from the inside. It's a crappy picture as it's from my phone and you can see a reflection of my shirt in the side window but you can still clearly see the difference. 03-18-08_1549.jpg

Does that look like 5%? It's supposed to be 5% on both windows.

I went out and looked at it today and if you open the slider part of the window so it's basically 2 layers of glass with 2 layers of tint it was really dark on each side which Is exactly how I wanted it yet while dark I could still see out. I'm wondering if maybe 2 layers is the thing for me. How quickly do I need to have it done if I'm going to have another layer put on.

Guest clint4883
Here is a picture of what I'm talking about you can see how much lighter the rear slider looks from the inside. It's a crappy picture as it's from my phone and you can see a reflection of my shirt in the side window but you can still clearly see the difference. 03-18-08_1549.jpg

I went out and looked at it today and if you open the slider part of the window so it's basically 2 layers of glass with 2 layers of tint it was really dark on each side which Is exactly how I wanted it yet while dark I could still see out. I'm wondering if maybe 2 layers is the thing for me. How quickly do I need to have it done if I'm going to have another layer put on.

thats not 5% over factor tint on the backglass. I would see if they had a meter. maybe the shop made a mistake and put 20 or 15 instead of 5

Guest cartek

thats not 5% over factor tint on the backglass. I would see if they had a meter. maybe the shop made a mistake and put 20 or 15 instead of 5

ya I would have to agree. maybe the guy has kids and doesnt want you to kill them when you drive in reverse at night. I always try to talk people out of limo over factory on rear windows. TOO DARK!

Archived