07 pontiac g6

tint_audiopros

Guest allprotinter
best thing to do is start the car occassionally whileworking on the car. :spit

best thing to do is start the car occassionally whileworking on the car. :rollin

I do this sometimes. I had a couple of cars die when I did one door (5min).

I might try a slow charge. :thumb

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent
maybe the anti-theft kicked in?

This is why I put the battery charger on the second they get in the shop (because I take 3+ hours to tint a car).

Holey Crap I thought we were a dying breed. I don't see anyone taking any pride or admitting that they spend so much time on a car.

As for the g6 problem, I tint for a large pontiac dealer and have never seen such a problem on all of the cars I've done. I've done hundreds, no kidding. G6's are prone to electrical problems and they are always returning for warranty computer glitches. I'll tell you the only problems I've had are blowing a rap (retained accessory power) fuse on a g6. The fix was a simple fuse change. On a grand prix I had a battery go low to where it reads off a whole bunch of system errors like airbags and charging system failure. The fix was to just shut it off and charge it. All of the errors cleared automatically. You didn't put a visor on it and by chance get the radio wet did you?

Hope this helps

If its a GM, you got maybe 45 minutes before the batt will die. I do many chevy dealers around Dallas, and soooo many of these vehicles new off the lot will die within 30-45 minutes. If yours died and deep cycled, it may have killed a few cells in that battery. No worries, GM needs to change their charging systems. had too many of these die on me too.

Guest Key West
"new rule of thumb :dunno "

"slow charge every whole car job

before starting the job-dont have

to worry about 12v problems" :rock:dunno:dunno

hard to "slow charge" when you've got 3 cars at a time in the shop, usually the only ones I slow charge are the 90 cadillacs with 12 interior lights that won't turn off. We only have 1 nice battery charger. Most newer vehicle if you trick the doors the lights shut off but I didn't do this one & left the dang ignition on while I was working on another vehicle :dunno

well I'm saying "slow" so u dont fast charge and overheat batteries-possible explosion! :duck

maybe invest in more chargers :lol2 ,and work on better "procedures" when alternating between cars :hmmm

:poop

best thing to do is start the car occassionally whileworking on the car. :poop

best thing to do is start the car occassionally whileworking on the car. :spam

best thing to do is start the car occassionally whileworking on the car. :beer

best thing to do is start the car occassionally whileworking on the car. :lol2

Can you say REDUNDANT?

I do this sometimes. I had a couple of cars die when I did one door (5min).

I might try a slow charge. :beer

Fords suck REALLY bad for dying quick!! :ford

maybe the anti-theft kicked in?

This is why I put the battery charger on the second they get in the shop (because I take 3+ hours to tint a car).

Holey Crap I thought we were a dying breed. I don't see anyone taking any pride or admitting that they spend so much time on a car.

As for the g6 problem, I tint for a large pontiac dealer and have never seen such a problem on all of the cars I've done. I've done hundreds, no kidding. G6's are prone to electrical problems and they are always returning for warranty computer glitches. I'll tell you the only problems I've had are blowing a rap (retained accessory power) fuse on a g6. The fix was a simple fuse change. On a grand prix I had a battery go low to where it reads off a whole bunch of system errors like airbags and charging system failure. The fix was to just shut it off and charge it. All of the errors cleared automatically. You didn't put a visor on it and by chance get the radio wet did you?

Hope this helps

nope no windshieldstrip Im going to call customer to bring the car up today, Im going to try unbolting the battery & give it a reboot. :krazy

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent
If its a GM, you got maybe 45 minutes before the batt will die. I do many chevy dealers around Dallas, and soooo many of these vehicles new off the lot will die within 30-45 minutes. If yours died and deep cycled, it may have killed a few cells in that battery. No worries, GM needs to change their charging systems. had too many of these die on me too.

45 mins sounds too fast. Do you have the ignition set to on or accessory?

just wanted to update, We have tried resetting by un-hooking the batter for about an hour. Hooked back up all the buttons work now but the cd changer doesn't it displays error when you try to play a cd & won't eject. Customer says the 6disc changer is full of cds. :twocents . Told her nicely to take it to the dealer & they would take care of it. Really confused because its a new car & she says it was working when she brought it in & I totally believe this innocent 18 year old female :rollin

Archived