do it youself precut tint kits

do these kits work I would like to order for a first timer tint job I would like to learn how to tint

go to ebay and find a 100 foot roll of cheap tint. itll probably cost ya $100 and youll get A LOT more practice for the same amount of money imo. it's how I learned.... lots and lots of cheap film

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Litespeeds

I'm not knocking pre-cut window tint kits because now that I have a plotter and software to do this, I was thinking about selling pre-cut kits to customer's who feel that they can do everything themselves. I personally wouldn't recommend it but there is always a different market out there that either don't want to spend the extra money or don't have the extra money to have a professional tint their car. Of course selling these kits, one has to realize that there is no warranty so in reality, if you paid a professional to do the work, it is a lot cheaper in the long run. :gasp

how good are these kits off of ebay?a friend of mine bought a kit for his late 80's early 90's pathfinder. got the tint for the 2 back doors, side windows and the back glass for like 25 bucks. says it has a 5 year warranty on the tint. someone told me these kits suck cause when you shrink them you will have little gaps on the sides or the bottom because they are a precise fit.

wait.... you are a professional since 85 soooooooooo

why did you buy a kit? :thumb

I didn't my point is don't waste your time buying these kits just come pay one of us pro's and it will be cheaper in the long run :thumb

You said it. The only problem is that my competitor will almost do it at that same price and its good film too lol

I can shave off 15- 20 min's cutting film. "but dam" :lol2 , can't wait that long to get it delivered :evilgrin just do it myself.....

how good are these kits off of ebay?a friend of mine bought a kit for his late 80's early 90's pathfinder. got the tint for the 2 back doors, side windows and the back glass for like 25 bucks. says it has a 5 year warranty on the tint. someone told me these kits suck cause when you shrink them you will have little gaps on the sides or the bottom because they are a precise fit.

They are cut a little bigger for the back glass. I dont know how they send them for the back glass though. I have a plotter and I trim the film to lay on a back glass and shrink, then when I pull the liner it leaves the cut piece. I never weed the back glass pattern before shrinking. I will say this though, if someone wants to learn to tint, dont get pre cut patterns. If thats all someone who is a window tinter gets, then he/she is not a tinter, but only an installer. If they f up, they wouldn't know how to cut a new piece.

It isn't like film SHRINKS that much.....

the problem with the internet kits would be that they are likely the cheapest crap film that can be found....esp when he got all that for 25 bones

well thanks guys for the replies. yea that 5 year warranty cracked me up. I told him hell you probably wont even keep this vehicle long enough to see it turn purple or the 5 year warranty. he says they told him its the best tint. I just smiled and he said yea everyone claims to have the best tint. I told him there are some good companies out there just tell me the name brand. he couldnt remember. after reading MR.P's prices he found im sure its some junk tint. I might just have him drop it off and I will use my tint cause I can guarantee you he wont be happy with that ebay stuff.

Archived