Global QDP

We were dry shrinking a back glass with a sample of the QDP and it seems like the liner would bubble and seperate from the film as we shrank it :please

We have been suspicious of this sample as it arrived in a plain white box with a photo copy of a box end taped to it.... Does this film behavior sound normal to you other global users ??

Guest darkdan

I had a 24" roll of the old stuff do that before. Luckily since it was a 24" roll it was used mainly for side windows.

Nothing special about the "regular" boxes. They're just black on the outside that they put global stickers on and white on the inside.

Guest willie
We were dry shrinking a back glass with a sample of the QDP and it seems like the liner would bubble and seperate from the film as we shrank it :bingo

We have been suspicious of this sample as it arrived in a plain white box with a photo copy of a box end taped to it.... Does this film behavior sound normal to you other global users ??

Every box of global I have revceived is black :please And no I have not had that trouble when shrinking it

global is a great film, but you have to learn how to shrink it, personally I cant work with the film on back windows, my guys here can, dry shrinking is best with this film, but it shrinks different, once you get the idea of it does, its all gravy :please

I get the liner "bubbling" off if I get to shrinking it too fast, esp with the lift and pull top. It lays right down once the heat is removed or at the most the liner is pressed down. I think it simply has to do with the liner being so easy to remove....

Not a problem unless it shows up during film install.....

I had it happen with the hp. It's like the film is shrinking faster than the liner and causing it to seperate. Called global and they said I probably got a bad roll and they replaced the roll but I sure hear "it's probably a bad roll" alot when it comes to global :dunno

Archived