Bekaert/SolarGard Sets up my biggest Dealership

Guest pro tint

I am in the same boat,,,, lost a 70,000$ account to solar gard sales rep(MIQUEL).what a tramp he is........then you get really dumped on when the dealership gets 300$ for a tint job,,,,we struggle to get 150 for a 4 door,,,,,what is this industry coming to,,,beacause professionals like me that have been in the business for 25 years,have regular customers that will buy a new car and geuss what (ITS ALREADY TINTED),,,the dealerships have totaly ruined business all over the country

pissed of tint shop owner

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the feeling. We had a Lexus dealership that our distributor sold a plotter to. The first tinter they hired on couldn't do the hard stuff and the quality of work was no where near what we could and can do. So we still got half their cars coming over here. They fired the first one then hired the second one who knew a little better what they were doing but was partial to a different manufacturer. So the distributor that screwed lost that account and now neither of us are making the money off that. Atleast we still get some of their money and any of the sales people that have been there for a while now send their customers directly to us. We will also see the occasional car that their tinter has tried to tint a couple of times and can't get it right. They say the customer is picky but when I see the car I don't blame the customer for sending it back to them. And there has been several other ones that have gone "in House" on us.

Luckily at that point, and this is a few years ago, we were already getting away from dealership work and pushing more and more retail. We were tired of bending over for dealerships and retail is so much better. We know the customer is getting exactly what they want and that they are completely happy. We don't have to keep a runner vehicle going and don't have to pay a car runner. On top of that we still have a couple of dealerships who bring us the cars and pay full price. They just want the car done right the first time.

Is'nt it time for all Beakart dealers to contact them and push for a change in their marketing policy on this. Let them push dealers to buy the plotter and software, but have them work into the contract having the local dealer do the work. They still make buuku bucks on the job and have a quality installer do it for them. :trustme

Greed ruled the day and I am out. So goes the corporate world.

BSF is struggling in the US market. I don't think it is as much of a greed thing as it is that hey need to make things happen or die. Sad to say, it is either them or you... guess where you stand in that equation? :rollin

UPDATE!!!

Yesterday I talked to a VERY WELL INFORMED INDUSTRY INSIDER who told me that Gary Claussen's sales position was recently eliminated!

When Gary finally contacted me over his selling a plotter to my customer and setting them up, I told him that he could wake up one morning and Bekeart could do the same thing to him. WOW! was I right on that one?

Now Gary has joined me in this boat :lol2 START ROWING Gary!

As for the Dealership... they now know that I gave them excellent service. Before, they picked up the phone and they made money. Now they are losing money.

If they were smart they would bite the bullit and have me come back, use their plotter and film and have me just do the installs. But alas, it's not a perfect world.

Thanks again to everyone for your support, :eyebrows and check out my website as I have redesigned it so I can go more towards retail. I am also getting ready to ad a spokesmodel to my site to try to generate more business as well.

Guest vclimber
Greed ruled the day and I am out. So goes the corporate world.

BSF is struggling in the US market. I don't think it is as much of a greed thing as it is that hey need to make things happen or die. Sad to say, it is either them or you... guess where you stand in that equation? :lol

UPDATE!!!

Yesterday I talked to a VERY WELL INFORMED INDUSTRY INSIDER who told me that Gary Claussen's sales position was recently eliminated!

When Gary finally contacted me over his selling a plotter to my customer and setting them up, I told him that he could wake up one morning and Bekeart could do the same thing to him. WOW! was I right on that one?

Now Gary has joined me in this boat :homer START ROWING Gary!

As for the Dealership... they now know that I gave them excellent service. Before, they picked up the phone and they made money. Now they are losing money.

If they were smart they would bite the bullit and have me come back, use their plotter and film and have me just do the installs. But alas, it's not a perfect world.

Thanks again to everyone for your support, :lol and check out my website as I have redesigned it so I can go more towards retail. I am also getting ready to ad a spokesmodel to my site to try to generate more business as well.

Evidently the same holds true for their employees. :homer

Change is in the air... watch you'll see.

I can tell ya I used "computercut" for 6 years in my Orlando shop. Always had to push my tinters to accept it. But my claim to fame was I truly did get more$$ for the work and I could produce an extra on average 3 -4 cars a day. As I cut the film and my team installed it. I am not a tinter but the end result was $$$$$$. Yes I did sometimes cut the wrong car or back glass. Thats why you look over the car first and check for any damages. can't tell ya how many times got blamed for scratched or chipped glass..... but thats another story. Bottom line given the right set up C.C. does save time as I was the dedicated cutter. I would do it again. :thumb:beer

Archived