Bekaert/SolarGard Sets up my biggest Dealership

UPDATE THAT WILL CRACK YOU ALL UP!

I was called in by the dealership in this post to do some work for a dear friend of the new car manager yesterday 8/12 . Apparently she doesn't trust the "wash boy" with tinting the car.

Anyway, while I was there heating up the dot matrix on the rear of the car, a Ford Crown Vic pulls up behind my bay. Out steps a very large man in a black shirt with a SolarGard Logo on it. He says:

"Hey. I can see you are a tint guy. My name is Gary and I represent SolarGard. Ever used SolarGard?"

Me: "Yeh, I have used it before."

Him: "Why aren't you using it NOW!?!" (As he hands me his card)

Me: " Because you guys came in and set up my biggest dealership account with a ComputerCut system and nearly ruined my business after 5 years of brand loyalty on my part. I'm the guy you screwed over and this is the very dealership you sold the system too."

You should have seen the look on his face. It was one of shock, coupled with sheer horror. Priceless! He couldn't get back into his car fast enough. :lol2

Him: "Well I won't ask you to buy my film. I'm sorry." (As he walks quickly to his car) :lol2

Me: "What you did was wrong, and you nearly put me out of business. SolarGard promised me when I bought into the ComputerCut system that they would never do what you did. :beer By the way, you're the first rep from SolarGard I have seen in 4 years!"

Him: "I'm sorry, you are right. It was wrong. I have read all your posts online about what we did. We were wrong. I am sorry. Your right, I'm sorry guy."

Me: "I only posted the truth. You know I have a mortgage and a family, and you screwed me over."

Him: "I know, you were right. I'm sorry"

Then he drove off as fast as he could. :lol2

I thought it was him when he pulled up. The look on his face, coupled with his reaction was very satifying to see. :rollin:lol2

When will these manufactures ever learn? Don't screw with us! :lol2

We share what we know with everybody on this forum. :lol2

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UPDATE THAT WILL CRACK YOU ALL UP!

I was called in by the dealership in this post to do some work for a dear friend of the new car manager yesterday 8/12 . Apparently she doesn't trust the "wash boy" with tinting the car.

Anyway, while I was there heating up the dot matrix on the rear of the car, a Ford Crown Vic pulls up behind my bay. Out steps a very large gutted man in a black shirt with a SolarGard Logo on it. He says:

"Hey. I can see you are a tint guy. My name is Gary and I represent SolarGard. Ever used SolarGard?"

Me: "Yeh, I have used it before."

Him: "Why aren't you using it NOW!?!" (As he hands me his card)

Me: " Because you guys came in and set up my biggest dealership account with a ComputerCut system and nearly ruined my business after 5 years of brand loyalty on my part. I'm the guy you screwed over and this is the very dealership you sold the system too."

You should have seen the look on his face. It was one of shock, coupled with sheer horror. Priceless! He couldn't get back into his car fast enough. :lol2

Him: "Well I won't ask you to buy my film. I'm sorry." (As he walks quickly to his car) :beer

Me: "What you did was wrong, and you nearly put me out of business. SolarGard promised me when I bought into the ComputerCut system that they would never do what you did. :lol2 By the way, you're the first rep from SolarGard I have seen in 4 years!"

Him: "I'm sorry, you are right. It was wrong. I have read all your posts online about what we did. We were wrong. I am sorry. Your right, I'm sorry guy."

Me: "I only posted the truth. You know I have a mortgage and a family, and you screwed me over."

Him: "I know, you were right. I'm sorry"

Then he drove off as fast as he could. :lol2

I thought it was him when he pulled up. The look on his face, coupled with his reaction was very satifying to see. :lol2:lol2

When will these manufactures ever learn? Don't screw with us! :lol2

We share what we know with everybody on this forum. :rollin

:lol2

Well hopefully it is all working out. Granted CP isnt any better than SG (regarding setting dealers up). Down here the Maddy dist. has done that too a few guys I know. Pretty dog eat dog for sure.

Been reading this thread with great interest.....AS market share becomes smaller and smaller as new films and companies emerge, more manufacturors will start to get more "creative" in their marketing ideas on how to sell more film. This strategy apparently includes screwing their installer base, such as in the case of wetint. I think that the one thing that is being overlooked to some extent is the power of this forum and community and others like it, and how it can translate into a force to be seriously considered. If no ones does nothing other than complain about it in this forum with no other type of action, I am sure the trend will continue. Manufacturors will continue to push in house programs until the point that they realize that this is not their "bread and butter", but the professional installer base is. I for one would encourage ANYONE that uses Beakert products to drop them like a bad habit. The same goes for ANY other film manufacturor that does the same. Doesnt matter how long you have been with them, OR how much you like the product. Forget the loyalty that you feel to your local distributor and the friends and relationships that you have had with them over the years. If you arent prepared to play hard ball, make it crystall clear to these companies that the in house dealer sales approach is basically cutting their own throats, this trend will continue. It seems to me that the IWFA is not going to take a stance on this issue, or is even remotely interested in this new concept. If I were them, I would be VERY concerned that the members at the manufacturor level are undermining the very existance of the organization. They are in fact SHRINKING their membership by standing by and doing nothing while their dealer base is slowly and methodically being picked off one by one.

Anyone that uses Baekert products at this point is actually ENABLING them to continue to beat the brains out of the hard working installer base that fuels their company. Maybe you are a Baekert customer and you havent been been burned by them like wetint has. It is a simple FACT that if you do use their product, you are in effect supporting this effort. How can ANYONE with a clear conscience support a company that threatens the very existance of hard working individuals that has put blood sweat and tears into building a successful installation company? There are many alternative choices that can be made as far as other film lines that can be integrated into your business. Films are reaching state of the art. I dont know how much better the main suppliers can get. It will not be long before every film manufacturor has the same technology and quality, just so long as quality is a main priority.

I would LOVE TO SEE any member of this forum that uses Baekert products have the guts/fortitude and wisdom to come out and tell us that you no longer support their insidious in house program, and that you have dropped them. Maybe if enough installers take a stand together, make it well known that this type of abuse will not be tolerated, some positive outcome will occur. I am not talking about a union here. I am talking about a serious, grass roots effort to fight for what you and I have built with our own hands through persistant effort and determination. I say we pick thes companies off one by one by refusing to support their efforts to undermine our existance and break the backs of all of us that work so hard to stay in business. WE can burn their house down one by one if they choose to continue in this course of action, or we can sit by and do nothing. Either way you make a choice.

You can choose to sit by and do nothing, and watch your company get slowly snuffed out or seroiusly damaged if this trend continues to get bigger. I say that a petition is in order to show the manufacturors that we dont have to stand by and take this from them.

Shame on you if you buy Baekert products.

Who wants to do something about this?

this is just another example of how our industry is going to :lol2

It really is.

Tint is the new "get rich" scheme. Buy the magic "tint machine" and the cash will flow. Hire a monkey to run it, he works for bananas. :welcome

There seems to be no respect left for our trade, since you can learn it in 10 minutes. Some of our suppliers don't appreciate years of loyalty. They take our business for granted. :welcome

I really feel the same way. My father started and ran his small business for 15 years. I was lucky to meet and work with all the other small business men and women- I am starting my bachelor in business management next month. Why does it seem the world has lost loyalty and hard work, to be replaced by people who want to earn big bucks in the shortest time, doing the least amount of work!?!?

Work hard and you will be rewarded.

Archived