Bekaert/SolarGard Sets up my biggest Dealership

So, after almost 2 weeks go by Gary Claussen of Bekaert FINALLY calls me yesterday. He admitted he did not do his homework in a lame attempt to apologize for ruining my business. Like I told him, he will go to bed knowing he gets a paycheck tomorrow, I go to bed worrying how to get a paycheck tomorrow. He also admitted he did me wrong. All he could say was "I know. Your right. I'm sorry." He didn't offer to make things right, so I told him there was nothing he could do to fix it.

Funny too, because Chris Welker from performance films called me to let me know the dealership was begging them to sell Llumar to the store (which of course they did - legally have to), at least he called me.

So Bekaert not only lost me buying mass amounts of film from them to cover this dealership's business, but they didn't even get the film business from the dealership once they sold the plotter (at $ 8000.00)! Sweet justice.

Once again I say watch your backs. If you "Partner" with the big manus they will :spit you eventually. So BEWARE EVERYONE!

He did, or "he didn't offer to make things right"? How could you tell him "there was nothing he could do to fix it" when he didn't offer to fix it? :lol

He didn't offer at first, then he attempted to knowing what my answer would be. That's when I told him "don't bother". It was lame at best and he knew I wouldn't be open to whatever he was going to say. I knew it too, so I shut him down before he tried.

Oh and I think he wasn't the only one on the line as he was on a speakerphone, so it probably was a conference call.

When I asked him why it took so long for him to contact me he said "I knew you were pretty upset and irrational so decided to let you cool off a bit before I called."

My reply - "Just how rational do you think I should be after what you did!?!

SHEEEEEESH! :spam

With that thought, I would say he knew what he was doing from the start. He set up the dealer, figuring they would sell more tint if it was in house, and waited to call you, not to let you cool down, but when he knew it was getting too late to save his a$$ with his company, since you were railing them here. Making a statement as he did was unprofessional and ignorant, at best. He buried himself with you and his reputation has taken a major hit along with his company. When will guys like this learn. They are in the customer service business just like us. Screw a customer over and it will come back to haunt you. And for all his work setting them up, he gets no film sales??? That is the sign of a bad salesman. He should have tied in a contract of film sales along with the software support. $8000, and he gets a minor commission off tha, and no future sales?? :spam Serves him right. I am suprised he did'nt come begging for your business back, since now he will be at zero from both of you.

As for his appology, it might have been more heartfelt and better received had he called back immediately. But, when someone can't man-up and admit what he did was wrong, it only shows what the future will hold.

And my only question for you would be....."How irrational are you today???" :spit

As irrational as I was when I found out - back door ways - that it was all going down.

Oh and guess what else. His phone call on wednesday was the FIRST I have ever received since Tom Fischer left nearly 2 years ago!

As for Tom, at least he was in contact with me, knew my kids and wife's name, visited whenever he saw the need or felt I was being neglected, and HE WOULD PROTECT HIS F'ing DEALERS FROM BEING SOLD DOWN THE RIVER!!

They have screwed up bad.

"Partner with Bekaert"... Yea RIGHT! :lol

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As irrational as I was when I found out - back door ways - that it was all going down.

Oh and guess what else. His phone call on wednesday was the FIRST I have ever received since Tom Fischer left nearly 2 years ago!

As for Tom, at least he was in contact with me, knew my kids and wife's name, visited whenever he saw the need or felt I was being neglected, and HE WOULD PROTECT HIS F'ing DEALERS FROM BEING SOLD DOWN THE RIVER!!

"Partner with Bekaert"... Yea RIGHT! :thumb

Tom is a great guy, known him for a very long time.

Talked to him a few weeks ago and he is doing great

I did car dealers for 15 yrs. in the n.y. area. Dealers will sell you out for $5... :thumb ....car alarms were a big deal and I lost accounts all the time and always got them back.... but retail is where it's at. More profit and you get paid the same day instead of billing monthly. I used to put stickers on the sirens for emergency calls when the alram would go into valet then the customer always came back with new jobs and friends..... think about it. :beer

I did car dealers for 15 yrs. in the n.y. area. Dealers will sell you out for $5... :DD ....car alarms were a big deal and I lost accounts all the time and always got them back.... but retail is where it's at. More profit and you get paid the same day instead of billing monthly. I used to put stickers on the sirens for emergency calls when the alram would go into valet then the customer always came back with new jobs and friends..... think about it. :evilgrin

Well, I can appreciate how you feel about retail. There are alot of advantages to it. However, I don't like dealing with the public so much. Many times they are idiots and cannot be reasoned with. I have always liked dealing with the dealers because they run interferance with the customer and have the headaches of explaining things to them.

Then there is the legal issues that the dealership explains to the customers - if they want tint on the car the customer will usually back down from !llegal films because the dealership is more of a "professional" entity than the "window tint guy" because they can't be coerced or bullied into putting on dark films. They also are the ones that keep me eating in the winter when things slow down to a crawl.

That being said, I do like the idea of making more money and getting paid immediately instead of 30 to 45 days after the fact. Believe me, I am considering this as a viable alternative after all this has happened to me. :spit

Well, I can appreciate how you feel about retail. There are alot of advantages to it. However, I don't like dealing with the public so much. Many times they are idiots and cannot be reasoned with.

WOW! :thumb

That's a sentence that describes car dealers far more often than it does retail customers, if you ask me.

Besides, idiot customers have a way of looking for service elsewhere if you charge enough. :embar

Well, I can appreciate how you feel about retail. There are alot of advantages to it. However, I don't like dealing with the public so much. Many times they are idiots and cannot be reasoned with.

WOW! :embar

That's a sentence that describes car dealers far more often than it does retail customers, if you ask me.

Besides, idiot customers have a way of looking for service elsewhere if you charge enough. :thumb

Retail is looking ever so much better these days.

Thanks to all of you for your input and support through this difficult time. :thumb

"Partner with Bekaert"... Yea RIGHT! :dunno

tom was great...didnt bug you as a salesman....returned your call and always had the answer you needed or got it right away....I have knowen him about 16 or so year when he went to SG ....replacing jack sagar.....any one remember him.....im glad tom is doing good ....he and his family came sking with me and my installer one year........someone told me he was in sales again....I hope he still gets his dream retirement plan together....

Archived