Bekaert/SolarGard Sets up my biggest Dealership

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All Gary did was beat CP to the punch...this is how corp world works...and I'm sure the new ''dentdude who tints'' had something to do with the boss making the in house move.. :linedrink

Wheterh he beat CP to the punch, it is still a dirtbag thing to do, especially if he knew that this was one of WETINT's bigger customers. Either way, not a good way to do business, cutting out your own dealer.

All Gary did was beat CP to the punch...this is how corp world works...and I'm sure the new ''dentdude who tints'' had something to do with the boss making the in house move.. :thumb

Wheterh he beat CP to the punch, it is still a dirtbag thing to do, especially if he knew that this was one of WETINT's bigger customers. Either way, not a good way to do business, cutting out your own dealer.

Well, it's like I told the Service Center Manager (who promised to "look into this error and have someone get back" to me - but nothing yet - going on two weeks now), all they had to do was call down to ComputerCut's Offices and ask who in the indianapolis area cuts the most BMW's and Minis from their program. It would have been obvious to "Gary" that it was us and then all he had to do at that point was make another phone call to give me a heads up.

Greed ruled the day and I am out. So goes the corporate world.

I just hope I can make it through the rest of this year and next winter. Car sales are not the greatest and this BMW store got me through the winters when things were good. I can only imaging what it will be like if I don't get someone to replace that income. :lol

Guest JUSTIN

I think they will be back to you one day. They have to try it out and learn the hard way that tinting is a unique skill and you can't pull just anybody off the street to work and tint on automobiles. If that was the case we would have more than 2 tinters staffed with us. The customer's that will be looking at the BMW's they tint will be complaining and it will cost them more in the long run than to just have a pro do it. Give it 6 months and they will be calling you for help.

A major dealership in Kellogg ID has like some 16 tinters on location and they use digitint. I have a running account with them for their screw ups. They just can't tint and just about every customer they sell a car to complains about the tinting. Then they have to turn around and pay me full boat to remove and re-install tint, and believe me, their installation is purely amateur at best.

It's very poor business practice to undermine your own dealer, and that is why our industry is going to struggle severely. I see it in other industries too, just look at the big box chain stores underminding John Deere lawnmower dealers, and Glass dealers, etc. Consumers will eventually learn that there is no free lunch out there and you get what you pay for.

If you are not already, consider joining local networking societies, like your local chamber of commerce, BNI etc. You will find that word of mouth is your best form of advertising, and by meeting people in different org's can help you generate new sources of consumers. Best of luck,

Guest vclimber

BSF is struggling in the US market. I don't think it is as much of a greed thing as it is that hey need to make things happen or die. Sad to say, it is either them or you... guess where you stand in that equation? :lol

BSF is struggling in the US market. I don't think it is as much of a greed thing as it is that hey need to make things happen or die. Sad to say, it is either them or you... guess where you stand in that equation? :rollin

I could'nt agree more. Greed is a small part of the equation, but, as I have stated before the manufacturers will look to expand into whatever market they can. If that means opening up ALL of your dealerships to direct marketing (along with other unsolds), they will do so. Expanding market share, or more to the point, retail exposure, will be the next great wave. If this is their business plan, it is definately time to look for other suppliers. :boogagay2:

I got the account myself. My original Solargard rep left 1 1/2 years ago. I have had 2 new ones since. Never talked to either one. Very Lame. Oh, and Llumar is looking very attractive these days. Actually everybody else but Bekaert is looking good these days.
All Gary did was beat CP to the punch...this is how corp world works...and I'm sure the new ''dentdude who tints'' had something to do with the boss making the in house move.. :boogagay2:

Llumar is no better

They do the same thing. It happened with the largest dealer that we service, Promises of a $5000 investment that with save them $100's of dollars/ tinted car. After sitting down with the GM and owner and doing the math its not that great a deal for the dealership

I got the account myself. My original Solargard rep left 1 1/2 years ago. I have had 2 new ones since. Never talked to either one. Very Lame. Oh, and Llumar is looking very attractive these days. Actually everybody else but Bekaert is looking good these days.
All Gary did was beat CP to the punch...this is how corp world works...and I'm sure the new ''dentdude who tints'' had something to do with the boss making the in house move.. :boogagay2:

Llumar is no better

They do the same thing. It happened with the largest dealer that we service, Promises of a $5000 investment that with save them $100's of dollars/ tinted car. After sitting down with the GM and owner and doing the math its not that great a deal for the dealership

It was the Dentdude/in house tinter who cut the sublet tinter out. The new tinter could careless about this guy or what film brand his boss was going to supply him with.This happens every day with dealers...

Archived