jetta rear deck removal

Mdog

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I NEVER TAKE OUT THE REAR DECKS ON JETTAS, I GOT A REAL THIN (BUT FIRM) PIECE OF PLASTIC, SORT OF SIMILAR TO A CLIP BOARD

I JUST SQUEEGEE LIKE NORMAL AND USE MY CONQUEROR OR SIDE SWIPER, IF I CAN'T GET ALL THE BUBBLE OUT WITH EITHER OF THEM I JUST SIMPLY PRESS THEM OUT WITH THE PLASTIC, 20 MINUTE WINDOW TOPS!!!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nwflboy

This is one of the easiest rear decks to remove & takes just a couple of minutes. You'll want to be sure to remove the small black carpet strip that's underneath it too to keep it from absorbing water.

Guest BCCwintint

Thanks for the info, Mdog. I'm tinting my neighbor's Jetta next week.

It almost seems like a sin to come here to this website, I've been helped so much by you all. Thank you. :lol Hopefully I can repay you all by becoming an awesome automotive tinter.

this was the last thread I replyed to this morning :lol and I will be damned if I didnt get a JETTA AND PASSAT today :lol got jinxed :lol

sharing info on this site kicks butt :lol

Is this deck removal for an 04 Jetta the same? Im tinting my girls car for her birthday and I looked at the rear deck it looks as if it will slide out, but need to remove the child seat holders first. It looks as if the bolts are from the top threaed down. I also noticed that I don't need to take the whole door pannels off? Just pry the top and remove the gasket. Any help Id appreciate it thanks.

Archived