Anti-graffiti film different then S&S?

Two part question... is AG film different then S&S film?

Have a store front that had their AG film scratched all up and needs it replaced... I know MMM has an AG film.... I'd guess others would too, but I haven't looked yet. I guess if it came down to it I could find some MMM, but hopefully the companies I use now have an AG film...

If S&S film can be used as AG, which thickness would I need??? I seem to recall MMM's being about 4 mil thick?????

Thanks!

Taggers probably wouldn't get thru 4 mil to damage the glass but I think 6 mil is the standard for AG. From what I have been told, AG is just S&S with a less aggressive adhesive. Not sure about that though. Like TintDude said, use S&S only if you don't plan on going back for R&R. You sure existing film is AG? You might find out what removing S&S is like sooner than you think!

Yeah I'm like 90% sure it's AG film that is already up there.... and they did a poor job at putting it up. Bubbles all over the place on almost every panel.

Which, I know.... it's outside, but I've done my share of external applications, and while not a perfectly clean job, I know it's possible to do better.

the bubbbles are what ive been told is champaging....they dont go away...I need to know what to do to keep them from happening....I have that problem on a job I did...I removed and replaced it...and the same thing.....I tried a different squeege and still same result....and the ag is way easier to remove.....

The job I ended up doing... despite being assured it was AG film, it turned out to be S&S film except fro two panes. It was a major PITA to remove.. the two panes that were AG film came off very cleanly and without too much effort... but the rest... ugh.

I've been meaning to go back over to see how it looks now that it's been a while, but I haven't been in that area.

Archived