Window Washing

Guest VOLTRON

theres nothing wrong with window washing, its just that most tinters are premadonas and think they are better than window cleaning altough they do it everyday all day. you can make good money at it. I charge 4 a pane when I do it and have a 150.00 minimum. Not all customers go for it but its worth my time when they do.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Solscreen

I started window cleaning 8 years ago, very handy at this time, as I am down on tinting this year but up on window cleaning, its repeat business and easy to make 150/200 bucks a day, if I tint somebodys window, I ask if they want a regular cleaner, who cleans glass super clean. ( thats me by the way) A good add on I say, go for it. :rollin

Guest FilmBlazer
Stan Just gave me an idea for my next start-up.....hmmm so whats the going rate for commercial window washing? per sqft? or per pane? Does that mean I have to join a Window Washing Dude message board to learn all the tricks of the trade? :shock BTW Good for you stan....Not afraid to dabble in other things.

The rate in my area is 2 cents psf lol

Stan Just gave me an idea for my next start-up.....hmmm so whats the going rate for commercial window washing? per sqft? or per pane? Does that mean I have to join a Window Washing Dude message board to learn all the tricks of the trade? :beer BTW Good for you stan....Not afraid to dabble in other things.

The rate in my area is 2 cents psf lol

Just a little less than u charge for tinting.... :shock:beer

First off I am very surprised that a window tinter leaves their windows dirty..... In another thread there is a discussion about how to set yourself apart from the competition..... In my mind automatic cleaning of the windows is a given.... yes... inside AND out... if it's that quick and easy.. why nickle and dime your customers for it ????

I guess I just can't see locking myself or my guys into a ritual of produce'n 150-200 a day when they could be utilized for MUCH MUCH more....

I'm not saying a person can't make any money cleaning windows.... If that's what turns your crank.... go for it.... I was under the impression you were a window tinter..... I guess I am the foolish one.... :shock

Go for it! When I was younger I had a high rise window cleaning company. Did the work myself and made a fortune but I’m with TTS … dat was crazy work, plus insurance took about half the money! OHSA filmed me one day walking a 18 inch ledge about 100 feet up and hit me with 5k fine! To me cleaning windows (on the ground) is very relaxing. You get out and around, people pay in cash a lot, great exercise. I was cleaning at a hospital one day and noticed a guy watching. When I got closer to him we started talking and he was a doctor, told me he worked his way through med school cleaning windows and as he watched me he was wishing he had just stayed a window washer. Stress kills! Of course so does falling off a ledge 100 foot up!!!! Young and money hungry!

Get some national accounts on the ground to mix with home owned business, work it for awhile and sell the sucker… build another. Then there are all the referrals on flat and auto film from visiting with 30 40 people a day while you clean their windows. I loved office buildings, lots of exposure.

I wrote a how to book on building and servicing a window cleaning business about 30 years ago and still have the original copy, thinking about doing a DVD on it.

Professor Window Cleaner :thumb:lol2 I like the sound of it :beer

Guest Solscreen
First off I am very surprised that a window tinter leaves their windows dirty..... In another thread there is a discussion about how to set yourself apart from the competition..... In my mind automatic cleaning of the windows is a given.... yes... inside AND out... if it's that quick and easy.. why nickle and dime your customers for it ????

I guess I just can't see locking myself or my guys into a ritual of produce'n 150-200 a day when they could be utilized for MUCH MUCH more....

I'm not saying a person can't make any money cleaning windows.... If that's what turns your crank.... go for it.... I was under the impression you were a window tinter..... I guess I am the foolish one.... :thumb

TTS I have been tinting for nearly 20 years, and if I could tint every day I would cos as you said you can earn much more, but I added window cleaning to fill in those days when I have no work tinting, and do well out of it, and with a recession on its way its a good idea to have another string to your bow, cos its only gonna get worse finding tint work. not sure where you got the idea of a tinter leaving his windows dirty from, I pitch a client after tinting there windows to see if they want a regular window cleaner for the future, in most cases even before I tint for a client I will clean the outside also for them, and leave the windows spotless when I leave. As most of my clients are residential I get to add some nice places to my list of regular cleans. That 150/200 can come in handy when things are a bit tight. :beer

I'm not saying a person can't make any money cleaning windows.... If that's what turns your crank.... go for it.... I was under the impression you were a window tinter..... I guess I am the foolish one.... :thumb

TTS I have been tinting for nearly 20 years, and if I could tint every day I would cos as you said you can earn much more, but I added window cleaning to fill in those days when I have no work tinting, and do well out of it, and with a recession on its way its a good idea to have another string to your bow, cos its only gonna get worse finding tint work. not sure where you got the idea of a tinter leaving his windows dirty from, I pitch a client after tinting there windows to see if they want a regular window cleaner for the future, in most cases even before I tint for a client I will clean the outside also for them, and leave the windows spotless when I leave. As most of my clients are residential I get to add some nice places to my list of regular cleans. That 150/200 can come in handy when things are a bit tight. :beer

Well atleast you get it Solscreen, just some cash flow for when the slow weeks come. I guess TTS is loaded so he doesn't have to worry... somehow I have my doubts on that.... Strictly tinting is too up and down. Sure it has its many months of busy busy busy but it slows down too. Right now Im doing tinting, carpentry and soon window washing. Couldn't be happier either, who the heck wants to tint windows 24-7,,,, not I

Archived