What you get for $99

Guest tint phantom

Guest 200kbrothers

The cheaper the price the worst the clients and the more they complain... I try to never do 99.00 tint jobs, but since the market in florida where I my store is, is so watered down.. Sometimes I have too.. Shame...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we tint cars all day long for around those prices. micro edges, no dirt, lifetime warranty and probably the best installation in central florida. you all will do a lot better when you realize you are not selling gold. it is window film. :gasp

+1 vote for ban! j/k

Mentioned to a Customer at work about tinting, he wanted to know when I could do his 4 door pickup with slider on the back window.

Gave him my pirce, and was told price was too high, he found a guy who whose quote was 50% less.

He didn't know what film was going to be used, or what warranty there was, but he was all about saving $$.

Win some, lose some.

Guest mattgribble09

Thats just the thing, there are always going to be people who don't give a rip about the warranties and service and quality, its all about the MONEY!!! Okay so we have to deal with people like that, yea it sucks but we know the customer base we are looking for and the people that are willing to pay the right amount the good quality installations!!!

Guest jayyzr

Same in Durham,NC- We have a couple of shops saying they give lifetime warranty for $99 4dr and $80 2dr :lol2 the customer has no ideal what type of film. We let the customers know the difference, we also do a $100 no warranty deal ( works big on the local nickel and dime hustlers that only keep the car for a couple weeks or months) which we tell the customer its only a 2 yr warranty grade film that dosn't warranty No fade :lol2 We always break down the difference of our lifetime Suntek carbon which they are going to pay double the price of the no warranty

Guest GTSPAUL

I GET $220 FOR A 4 DOOR AND 200 FOR A 2 DOOR, ALL LIFETIME WARRANTY, IN BUSINESS FOR 20 YEARS. ONE OF THE SAD NOTES IS WHEN I STARTED I CHARGED ABOUT 160 FOR A 4 DOOR AND 140 FOR A 2 DOOR AND THE QUALITY OF THE INSTALL AND FILM IS MUCH HIGHER TODAY BUT THE PRICE IS NOT NEARLY AS HIGH AS IT SHOULD BE, WE ALL KNOW THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS IF MUCH GREATER NOW THAN IT WAS 20 YRS AGO. I JUST HAD 2 EX INSTALLERS OPEN UP SHOP 1 MILE DOWN THE ROAD AND THEY ARE TRYING TO UNDERCUT MY PRICE JUST SO THEY CAN STAY AFLOAT SO FAR I HAVE NOT NOTICED ANY OF MY CUSTOMERS COMPLAINING ABOUT PRICE, IT'S CALLED STAYING POWER.

THERE IS NO REASON FOR A BUSINESS TO BE SELLING FULL AUTO TINT FOR $99 UNLESS THEY ARE WORKING OUT OF THEIR HOME. IF ALL THE TINTERS OUT THERE WANT TO MAKE A DECENT LIVING THEN THINGS MUST CHANGE AND COMPANIES NEED TO MARKET PRICING LIKE ALL THE OTHER BUSINESSES OUT THERE. I CAN'T THINK OF ANY SERVICE ORIENTED BUSINESS THAT HAS LOWERED OR HAD THE SAME PRICING AS 20 YEARS AGO, YOU GO OUT TO EAT IT COSTS MORE, YOU GET A PLUMBER OR ELECTRICIAN, LANDSCAPING, CONSTRUCTION ETC. EVEN THE MINIMUM WAGE HAS GONE UP. WE ALL HAVE A TALENT THAT THE AVERAGE PERSON IS TOTALLY RESPECTFUL OF SO WE SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH CHARGING A FAIR PRICE.

Guest tintmanlibby

all this is true ,but if time's get hard you bet you ass ill run a 2 week $99.00 deal .I'll use some johnson 15 with a warr..and take a $168.00 investment and make $800.00 buck's every box.im a tinter and as ya'll know a tinter will do what a tinter has to do get $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :thumb

Archived