Mercury Milan

TintJunkie

You guys are right, I confused the 500 and Milan for the same car, but the Milan is a Fusion. I did trim the quarter but DID NOT slide the film all the way in. I didn't want to mess with creases from forcing it in. So you can get it all the way in w/o removing the rubber? Dang! I feel like a newbie!

Oh yeah, the car was new, with paper plates so Im assuming an 08/09. It had some purple lights the went around the cupholders and 2 on the backside of the console. :sign

It's a little tough to get it all the way up, and you might have to give it a couple shots to get it because you have to pick it up just right and install it at an angle and hope you don't crease it! Good thing is that it's such a small piece of film if you have to try it again no big deal! I would rather go through trying to deal with getting it all the way up than just leaving it where the seal stops! Besides....I think that leaving it where the seal stops looks :sign ........ :lol

It's a little tough to get it all the way up, and you might have to give it a couple shots to get it because you have to pick it up just right and install it at an angle and hope you don't crease it! Good thing is that it's such a small piece of film if you have to try it again no big deal! I would rather go through trying to deal with getting it all the way up than just leaving it where the seal stops! Besides....I think that leaving it where the seal stops looks :sign ........ :lol

HAHA, youre right, it does!

Guest tintmanlibby
On the Milan, there is a bunch of gasket covering the quarters. I did one yesterday (not the first one I have done) and was curious if anyone knew an easy way of getting the gasket out. It looked like it would come out easily, but I had no luck, and wasn't willing to spend a lot of time on it, but it does look kinda crappy with the whole quarter not tinted. Are the Ford 500/Taurus the same way? I can't remember.

I did a Ford 500 Friday, and the quarter windows were a snap! I did an 08 Milan not to long ago and it's the same car! Is it an 09 model? Maybe it's changed. :sign

maybe he should try some vinal :lol

Archived